Room Service

Miramar

When ordering room service, when they deliver your order, do you have to sign a slip like you would in a hotel? The reason I ask is I was wondering if I could put the tip for the person who delivers it on my cruise card or if I need to give him a cash tip. Thanks.

When ordering room service, when they deliver your order, do you have to sign a slip like you would in a hotel? The reason I ask is I was wondering if I could put the tip for the person who delivers it on my cruise card or if I need to give him a cash tip. Thanks.

On our last trip, we were asked to sign the card. I suggest that you tip for room service. Recently, I picked up some "gold colored" dollar coins and two dollar bills for tips on our next trip.

Ship: Sapphire

Dates: October 2-12, 2004

When ordering from room service on this ship during these dates there was a printed information area on the back of the order tag:

To comfirm your order was delivered please sign here--------------------

Gratuity----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So on that ship during that cruise, they asked for your signature and yes, there was a place for a tip if you wanted to use the cruise card.

(I THINK there was another line for something but can not remember)

Hope this helps answer your question.

On our 3/20 cruise on the Golden, we were asked to sign each time room service was delivered, and a charge of $1.50 was put on our account each time for the tip. Not knowing this, I always gave the server a couple of bucks, too.

I didn't mind the "double-dipping," since those guys deserve everything they get. But, I think it would have been nice for the cruise line to better explain the entire pooled tipping issue.

Mrs. Tiki

On our 3/20 cruise on the Golden, we were asked to sign each time room service was delivered, and a charge of $1.50 was put on our account each time for the tip. Not knowing this, I always gave the server a couple of bucks, too.

I didn't mind the "double-dipping," since those guys deserve everything they get. But, I think it would have been nice for the cruise line to better explain the entire pooled tipping issue.

Mrs. Tiki

Interesting the way they did this on the Golden. I wish they would be consistent. I always tip room service depending on what I order. If it's just maybe coffee and rolls, I give $2.00. If it's say a full breakfast, I give $5.00. Thanks for the information regarding this added amount to the bill. I definitely will ask about this before I go on next cruise.

Interesting the way they did this on the Golden. I wish they would be consistent. I always tip room service depending on what I order. If it's just maybe coffee and rolls, I give $2.00. If it's say a full breakfast, I give $5.00. Thanks for the information regarding this added amount to the bill. I definitely will ask about this before I go on next cruise.

Lynda if at all possible see if they can tell you if all ships have changed. We sail the Star in February and all the groups cabins (5 in total) order breakfast and it would be good to know in advance. Thanks, Barb

Archived