What would you prefer.....

cruzininga

Come and join the Dream team, after finishing nursing school and working that first year a nurse you will need it. The first year was so hard learning so much. You will be amazed at what you did not learn in nursing school. I look back to my first few years and wonder how I did not kill any one:o . There is a saying around nurses, God takes care of fools and young nurses. Thank God. I also have some of my best memories of that year. Come on this cruise and I'll buy you a drink and we will discuss our stories. Best of luck finishing your final year of nursing school. It has been a wonderful career and brought me many joys. Doing this will allow you to spend very little while you are in school and pay the rest while you are working. I would think of giving it to them though at your party celebrating passing boards, that way they know it for helping you through this time in your life. For Christmas you can give them beachbags full of stuff you can buy in the fall as summer is ending and all that stuff is on sale. They can bring their bags on the cruise.

Well I'm hoping to see you on S&S 5 if all goes well. You can buy me a DOD and we'll swap stories.:)

With your job being a nurse, you could live anywhere and have a job. Just beware and investigate housing costs and such.

In Washington DC area, I know 2 hospitals that were in a "bidding war" and offered $30,000 sign-on bonuses after one year of employment with them there is such a shortage of nurses.

Which two hospitals. I have an interview with Georgetown next Feb and I am working on something with Georgae Washington.

maybe you're being too generous,,, but i would take either one...

i would drop a hint though to make sure they can get the time off, or if they're not scared to death to cruise like some people i know.

I dont think I could ever be "too generous" toward my aunt and uncle who have been generous toward me for the past 12 years.

Which two hospitals. I have an interview with Georgetown next Feb and I am working on something with Georgae Washington.

Well this was last December and it was Shady Grove and another one (I was working at Shady Grove and don't remember the other one's name but it was one right near it geographically)--not exactly IN Washington DC, but just on the very outskirts...

Good luck!

I have a good friend who has been a nurse in a hospital for over 30 years working full time at the same place and her salary isn't even close to 300K. I had no idea nurses made so much money. Over the years, she has received many promotions. I guess our area doesn't pay as much. Our neighbor is an emergency room nurse in our areas largest trauma center, and his wife is an ICU nurse at a different hospital. They don't have huge salaries either.

I guess our area wouldn't be a good place for you to make your home. I'm told Kaiser Permanente hospitals pay the highest wages. We have 4 hospital chains here. Several groups have more than one hospital.

I'm glad you have that opportunity to make so much money and afford the housing that usually comes along with big salaries. The DC area has wonderful public transportation, so you will get along quite nicely without a car going to and from work.

The San Diego area is one of my favorite places. I haven't used its public transportation very much, because usually I drive there.

Do you mind if I ask what university you are attending?

Our neighbors daughter moved back home from San Francisco while she was between jobs. She didn't have a car while she lived in SF. Like you she thought cars were an unnecessary expense.

You have graciously answered my completely out of line questions. Again I apologize for my rudeness.

Archived