Welcome back SKY cruisers...any news???

storm15

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I was booked on the Sky for the July 28th sailing and just got back. I had seen the initial reviews, but hadn't read the message boards until Sunday night. I really was dreading this trip.

We had a great time. We were in 8212 ocean view. The first thing we did was flush the toilet and check the air. Everything worked fine. It was actually cold in some of the common areas. There was food good, plentiful, and lines weren't bad. I loved not having a set dinner time. Everyone was extremely pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful.

Our real complaint was dinner. The Palace was slow and the waiters not very friendly. The Crossing was much better. Our cabin attendants weren't too knowlegable and we had to track down our bottles of liquor on Thursday night. We never got our customs declarations delivered either. I'm used to having that stuff brought to me, not running all over the ship looking for it.

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I was booked on the Sky for the July 28th sailing and just got back. I had seen the initial reviews, but hadn't read the message boards until Sunday night. I really was dreading this trip.

We had a great time. We were in 8212 ocean view. The first thing we did was flush the toilet and check the air. Everything worked fine. It was actually cold in some of the common areas. There was food good, plentiful, and lines weren't bad. I loved not having a set dinner time. Everyone was extremely pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful.

Our real complaint was dinner. The Palace was slow and the waiters not very friendly. The Crossing was much better. Our cabin attendants weren't too knowlegable and we had to track down our bottles of liquor on Thursday night. We never got our customs declarations delivered either. I'm used to having that stuff brought to me, not running all over the ship looking for it.

It is great to hear, in spite of a couple issues you had a good time. The liquor issue is one we had with Princess. Everyone could see we had ordered and paid for it, but no one seemed to know how we were to get it: Purser said cabin steward, she said room service, they said the bar and around we went. We also asked for wine glasses, cabin steward said, she only had regular glasses but room service would bring them; room service told us to go to the bar and ask for a couple glasses. Finally, after about 3 days two showed up in our cabin. It didn't affect our cruise, just was a little alloying.

Nita

I just returned from the 7/28 Sky sailing. I was also very concerned after reading the bad comments. I checked the A/C, flushed the toilet, ran the water in the sink and shower!! All worked great. :) I had a great time-review to come. I'm actually not home yet--,still waiting for my flight. My cabin number was 0205 forward starboard balcony cabin. Some minor issues but all were taken care of promptly. I got the impression they were going out of their way to please me! Great cruise, so sad to be going back home :(

Archived