Balconys at Embassy Suites in Fll

coops

Does any one know if the ES hotel is all balconys? The hotel says yes but they charge more for a balcony than some other rooms. Just trying to figure out if all the rooms are balconys or not and why a charge difference. Thanks for any info.

Dawn

Does any one know if the ES hotel is all balconys? The hotel says yes but they charge more for a balcony than some other rooms. Just trying to figure out if all the rooms are balconys or not and why a charge difference. Thanks for any info.

Dawn

If they charge more for a balcony than some other rooms, how could they have all balconies?

I can't tell you the price difference because we used HHonor points for our room, but our balcony was only big enough to stand on. No chairs. We did see a few with chairs. I wouldn't spend xtra for one.

Very nice hotel, rooms, etc.

As OP stated the balconies are very small, just "step out" balconies on some of the rooms. Even fewer rooms have a bit larger (but still small) half circle balcony.

Here is a link to the hotels website's photo gallery showing the half circle balcony.

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/FLLSOES-Embassy-Suites-Fort-Lauderdale-th-Street-Florida/photoGallery.

Hope the link works :o If not, click on "tour our hotel" on the 17th Street location on the Embassy Suites website.

If you are able to request a room at check-in, particularly with your HHonors card, we were in 1225 at Embassy Suites. It had the "larger" of the semi-circle balconies and a terrific view of the port. I recall having the port authority schedule with me at the time of which ships dock and when, so that was neat watching them sail into port in the wee hours... and actually know which ships they were for sure.

http://www.co.broward.fl.us/port/shipschedule.htm

We did not pay any extra for the room. In fact, we had one a two-night stay via Priceline for $62 per night at the time (2004). It was nice being able to request "top floor, view of port" at check-in, and getting it even though we were Priceline. Some hotels tend to give you run of the house rooms with Hotline/Priceline/etc and definitely not any 'upgrade'.

Not a problem! And now that I actually re-read my post it obviously should have said "won" a two-night stay... I hate errors and should have proofread first! :eek: But it is a good room - top floor - view of port - great hotel and location for exploring/dining.

Archived