Possibe CC Group Cruise 4/18/2010 **ATTENTION** All you Southern Carribean Fans!!!

kelz66

Hey Paulie Beernutz!!!

I have done this and would love to do it again. Have you firmed up the date yet? I am currently on the Dream for April 2010 but if the month changes ever so slightly I can swing it!! Great itinerary and great ship. Been on it twice!

September 07 I paid $235 r/t

Yep....under $300 nonstop from here.....As usual people from different parts of the country contribute the cheapest prices and airlines. Sometimes also driving an hour or so (to a different airport) cuts the price big time.....

Yep....under $300 nonstop from here.....As usual people from different parts of the country contribute the cheapest prices and airlines. Sometimes also driving an hour or so (to a different airport) cuts the price big time.....

Yeah this was actually US air (which I rarely fly) out of Nashville. US air is usually not too cheap!:eek:

What are your predictions for air fare costs in the coming months (like April 2010)? Prices going up a lot, a little, staying even?

Just for kicks, I searched for flights to San Juan from Bangor, Maine for this coming April and they are ridiculous! Over $850 pp.:eek::eek: I wish I had a friend that was a pilot!

Just wanted to let you know I LOVE your pictures. I hope you can find good airfair, because we could use some wild teachers on this ride:p

You might want to do a search for the same time of year. Even for this month. At that time of year (April) it is spring break and Easter time and prices are usually higher.....

Since this trip is planned for April, why would we want to look at prices for other times of the year? You are right, prices are going to be higher in April, and the time of the year you book won't be of much help. They know they have you when it comes to special times like spring break and Easter.

TinaJ

Since this trip is planned for April, why would we want to look at prices for other times of the year? You are right, prices are going to be higher in April, and the time of the year you book won't be of much help. They know they have you when it comes to special times like spring break and Easter.

TinaJ

Because if one were trying to look at times when airfare is cheaper instead of April showing prices throughout the year may change the planned dates...Just a thought? I don't really care, was just throwing it out there for more information!

Last I knew, the date was set for this particular group's trip. So it won't help to look at another time. Plus, teachers don't get to pick when they go, they have to go when the kids are off and for us, it's April, which was discussed way back in the thread!

TinaJ

Because if one were trying to look at times when airfare is cheaper instead of April showing prices throughout the year may change the planned dates...Just a thought? I don't really care, was just throwing it out there for more information!

But this cruise is planned for April, that's why I was doing a search for pricing. Since we don't have a cruise price yet, I wondered about airfare for April, and April of 2010 could even be higher. We've never paid less than $450 for a flight to Florida - it's rough living in the northeast - but it's worth paying that to cruise in nice warm weather with a DOTD in my hand! But paying upwards of $700 is steep!

We have the option of driving 3 hours to another airport to save about $100 pp, or even driving 5 hours to NH, but when you count in gas, hotel, tolls, extra meal out - you're not saving much. I don't know about you, but after the cruise, having to drive home 3 - 5 hrs is rough (especially when you have to go to work the next day!):eek:

Last I knew, the date was set for this particular group's trip. So it won't help to look at another time. Plus, teachers don't get to pick when they go, they have to go when the kids are off and for us, it's April, which was discussed way back in the thread!

TinaJ

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize this was a teachers cruise. I'll refrain from offering useless information in the future:p

Lol, definitely NOT a teacher's cruise. However, we have been waiting forever for info for this trip-first the voting on a date took a long time, and the fact that we can only go in April on a particular week. Now still waiting for pricing to see if it's worth the extra cost of the flight. At those prices, I'm not so sure it is!! :)

TinaJ

Just wanted to let you know I LOVE your pictures. I hope you can find good airfair, because we could use some wild teachers on this ride:p

Hey thanks - we always have a great time cruising and meet so many nice people (and I take a ton of pictures!) Airfare is certainly a killer - hopefully the prices don't dip into my "DOTD" fund!

Hey thanks - we always have a great time cruising and meet so many nice people (and I take a ton of pictures!) Airfare is certainly a killer - hopefully the prices don't dip into my "DOTD" fund!

Hey Lynn,

I've sailed out of San Juan 3 times, and have always been very fortunate with airfare prices ... I never seem to pay more than what I woul pay to fly to Florida. Like you guys, airfare from Canada is pretty steep as well.

Hope you will find a good deal, since a cruise (itinerary) out of SJ is the best.

Joanne

Paulie and Co.

I know you've already done a lot of work on the voting process to get where you are today, and I know it's hard for people to know what the airfares are going to be in 2010, but one concern I have is this.

You have quite a few teachers who are interested who are locked into the one specific week. How many of these teachers plan to go regardless of the airfare cost? Because if you lose all those teachers or a good number of them due to airfare cost, then it may be feasible to look at a different date if that means others could join who aren't available April 18.

For me, if I go, April 18th isn't a problem... but after reading the last several posts, I'm just sayin..... I'd hate to see it locked into that one date and then have the teachers drop out and in the process exclude others who would have gone on a different date.

Can some of the teachers share your thoughts on airfare prices from your areas and whether you think this particular cruise is still feasible for you. Since I'm relatively "new" to this thread, I don't remember which of you are teachers and which ones aren't? All I know is I met some of these people on a recent CC group cruise and would love to cruise with them again.

Vickie

I just checked airfare for us for the same week in 2009. $433/pp. :eek: I'm a huge iffy as it is, but if airfare is the same for 2010, you can count us out. :(

But I WILL get to the Southern itin someday!! I may just end up in Alaska first - one of these days Matt will put his foot down and demand his Alaska cruise.

TinaJ

Brain poof on that one. I really though feel the prices for the airlines will become more normal......This cruise is over 1 1/2 years away. I am still really considering it for myself and I have to pay a higher per person due to cruising solo. Was thinking about my 2009 Oct cruise at the time when I posted.

Also I might have had a few beers before posting....LOL....

Hey Lynn,

I've sailed out of San Juan 3 times, and have always been very fortunate with airfare prices ... I never seem to pay more than what I woul pay to fly to Florida. Like you guys, airfare from Canada is pretty steep as well.

Hope you will find a good deal, since a cruise (itinerary) out of SJ is the best.

Joanne

Hey Babe...How are you ???????;)

I just checked airfare for us for the same week in 2009. $433/pp. :eek: I'm a huge iffy as it is, but if airfare is the same for 2010, you can count us out. :(

But I WILL get to the Southern itin someday!! I may just end up in Alaska first - one of these days Matt will put his foot down and demand his Alaska cruise.

My estimated airfare based on 2009 rates would be around $425 in April ($359 in January when Carnival has cruise listed for $50 less too). Mid March was $550 airfare, early May was $383, so it's kind of hopping all over the place.,

I'm torn. By early 2010, we'll have enough sea miles points to get a free 4 or 5 day cruise out of Galveston. I'm pretty sure I'll have enough by end of next summer to book it, but I'll have to talk to Matt. Maybe Matt won't care and he'll just let me use the points to take a friend. Anyone want to fly to Houston and come with me if he does? ;)

I'm torn. By early 2010, we'll have enough sea miles points to get a free 4 or 5 day cruise out of Galveston. I'm pretty sure I'll have enough by end of next summer to book it, but I'll have to talk to Matt. Maybe Matt won't care and he'll just let me use the points to take a friend. Anyone want to fly to Houston and come with me if he does? ;)

You should get plenty of takers on this offer. Matt would give up a free cruise? Is he crazy? LOL!!!!!

Hey Mere, I already have enough for a free cruise so I'll be more than happy to go with you if you can make it march...already booked on the Dream for Jan and April!

The request for pricing is already in for 4/18/2010.

That was the date decided on after a looooooooooooooooooong vote. :p

That was the date that worked best for everyone.

As gas prices continue to go down, I would hope that airfare would follow that trend, albeit a few months behind.

:D

The request for pricing is already in for 4/18/2010.

That was the date decided on after a looooooooooooooooooong vote. :p

That was the date that worked best for everyone.

As gas prices continue to go down, I would hope that airfare would follow that trend, albeit a few months behind.

:D

This is going to be a great cruise Paulie! No reason to speculate now on airfare that is so far out!!!

Archived