specific comparison questions - princess & RC

cdnliving

Hello. We experienced our very first cruise last March and had a fabulous time. We now understand why people love cruising! We are a family of 4 (kids 12,14), and travelled RC. We are considering a cruise on Princess for this March and wondered if someone could compare some of our favorites on RC, these being....

a. the music around the pool

b. the singing and comradery of the wait staff at dinner (not anytime dining)

c. personalized service - ie. consistency in staff for dinner and room stewards - friendliness

d. the vibe

Any big differences?

Thanks for the replies..any insights you might have would be most appreciated!

You asked specific questions and the answer to all of them is no difference.They are both good in those areas. There are differences in on board activities especially for kids. RCCL is better. Quality of food? Princess hasa slight edge but not a big difference unless you like king crab legs. Princess has them RCCL doesn't. I did 10 on Princess and then went on RCCL.I have done 11 or 12 and I'm booked on 3 more. Scandanavia-Russia 8-14to 8-28. I'm confined to a w/c and there is a big difference. My two 22 year old daughters have cruise on 2 each in their own suite it was worth the extra for our own privacy and they prefer RCCL. They started on NCL when they were 8 then 10. They have no interest in returning to NCL.

Archived