Green Bay Resort vs. Amitique Resort

shannonwood

There doesn't seem to be very much on this topic about Green Bay (but what has been mentioned sounds nice) and the info on Amitique doesn't sound too great to me. I'm thinking that Green Bay looks and sounds nicer...but why do so many people continue to go to Amitique if it's not all that great? I would like to go and just spend the day at Green Bay without adding the waterfall tour on to it since I'll have a toddler with me. I don't think the falls would be a good choice for a 2 year old! Does anyone know if it's possible to JUST do a Green Bay visit without having to go anywhere else? If so, any idea of the entrance fee in to the resort?

There doesn't seem to be very much on this topic about Green Bay (but what has been mentioned sounds nice) and the info on Amitique doesn't sound too great to me. I'm thinking that Green Bay looks and sounds nicer...but why do so many people continue to go to Amitique if it's not all that great? I would like to go and just spend the day at Green Bay without adding the waterfall tour on to it since I'll have a toddler with me. I don't think the falls would be a good choice for a 2 year old! Does anyone know if it's possible to JUST do a Green Bay visit without having to go anywhere else? If so, any idea of the entrance fee in to the resort?

We went to Green Bay and the waterfall with our daughters, 9 and 4. We really enjoyed it. Even the water taxi to the resort was great. Of course we all joked around about it coming out of the movie Anaconda. The resort was very nice, it was like having your own private resort. Green Bay was actually recommended to us by the kids area onboard NCL. They had very good nachos and frozen margaritas (tasted like a frozen lemonade). The pool area was very pretty, it even had a very small waterslide and some shallow pools. The price we paid was $40 for adults and the children were free. This included transportation to the resort and back. We spent about $20 for the 2 plates of nachos, soda, margarita and a guatamalan beer. We heard it was $10 cheaper w/o the waterfalls.

The water is green(ocean). Very unique color. You don't really want to swim at the beach. The area is very jungle like(Anaconda version):p

Any other questions just ask? We would definitely go back.

Misand:D

I'm curious to know who you booked through. I would love to visit Green Bay since it looks very pretty and lush in the photos. I'm not expecting a crystal clear Carib. sea...I know I won't get that here! BUT - I've been quoted $35 for me to get in (includes water taxi) and $25 for my 2 year old toddler. Sorry, but that is WAY too much money to spend just to get in and enjoy a pool. I'd have the expense of food and drinks on top of that price. I'd rather stay on the ship and do that for free! I don't want to go on the falls since it would be too strenuous with a toddler, I was really hoping a tour company would cut me a break on the fee to just to go the resort and nowhere else. Oh well. Thanks for your input!

Archived