Only Stingray?

candlecamp

we will be in gc in oct and want to do stingray city but would then like to come back and go to royal palms or another beach for rest of day. is there anyone who will just take you to stingray and bring you right back? thanks for all the great info. carol

I went with Moby Dick tours in July. we did their shortest tour which was 3 hours. It was basically just the stingrays. We did do a little snorkeling which lasted maybe a half hour and we were literally about 50 feet away from the stingrays. We then went right back to the peir. They would also drop you off somewhere else if you wanted. I really enjoyed my time with them. HTH

I went with Moby Dick tours in July. we did their shortest tour which was 3 hours. It was basically just the stingrays. We did do a little snorkeling which lasted maybe a half hour and we were literally about 50 feet away from the stingrays. We then went right back to the peir. They would also drop you off somewhere else if you wanted. I really enjoyed my time with them. HTH

What time did Moby Dick pick you up? About what time was the tour over? I want to see the Stingrays, but I also want to spend time at the beach without worrying about missing the ship.

Thanks.

Captain Marvin's has 3 different times for their short trip (stingrays). As the above post, it does include a short snorkel stop too, but its only 20 minutes or so. The total tour length is advertised on their website as 2.5 hours. That would leave plenty of time afterwards to spend at the beach - they will drop you at 7 Mile Beach or some place else, I believe. Email Ruth, she'll answer your questions, very pleasant company to work with (Ive taken a few of the tours myself and been in contact with Ruth on several occasions). Oh, I do know that getting to their location is up to you, they don't pick up. We walked, its only a few blocks from the tender area (to the left on the main road right in front of you), piece of cake. Traffic is congested in this area so walking is probably a more efficient way to get there anyway.

we just came back and used native way which i highly recommend. the shortest tour is about 2.5- 3 hrs. we also stopped for starfish and general snorkeling. i don't think you'll find a tour to just do stingrays. you should have time for a 2 hour trip to seven mile beach which is just gorgeous!! contact sharon ebanks at nativeway, she is the best!!

Archived