Speed Boat Adventure Tour

ebbaday

Has anyone done this tour? We are considering the White Knuckle tour but thought this one would be fun too. You drive you own speed boat - $69/adult. keywestvisitorguide.com

Appreciate any info...thanks!

I know this won't help too much. Haven't done this tour but have booked it for Feb during a pre cruise visit to Key West in Feb! I thought it would be fun to just have the two of us in the boat plus we're in control so it really sounds like fun! :)

It's OK. Little 14 footers with a 40HP outboard. Wouldn't consider that a "speedboat" but at least you drive it.

Since I don't have much experience with boats that is probably good enough for a first time. DW already thinks I'm going to crash into something! :)

Oh OK- I saw in the picture that they were pretty small and yeah probably not too fast. I am trying to plan a surprise excursion in KW for my family. They think we are gonna walk around, so I want to surprise them with something FUN. My DH and DS are experienced with driving boats so this might not be too thrilling for them. Maybe White Knuckle is the way to go.

THANKS

Where the speedboats are there is also a pontoon boat for rent and a soft sandbar about a mile away where you could make a day of it. That would be more fun for me.

That does sound like a fun day. Unfortunately we dont have much time in KW this trip:(

It really wouldn't take more than 2 hours to get a good sandbar visit in. Some good food to go from Hurricane Joe's, some beveredges from Dions and you're all set. Promise, you'll like it. A 14 foot boat will make your ass and back hurt with the waves. Trust me, my wife has a 13 foot Whaler.

I spoke with the owner of White Knuckle today and he said the cruise lines are marking him up out of business. They provide free RT transfers ($26 value). Call them directly and save money.

I actually would have booked this instead of the speedboat adventure tour but DW has some motion sickness so thought it would be a bit too much for her. I think I'd love it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived