Purchases on board - Island Star

richardson8

We are booked for our first cruise on the Island Star in September this year , having always cruised with Thomson we have always been all inclusive, howevern, we were told that this option wasn't available on this ship.

Please could you let me know how we pay for purchases on board the Island Star, will we need to use cash, or will we be provided with a card to use on board after having given credit card details?

Could you also let me know how expensive drinks on board are?

Any other info on the Island Star would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Richardson8

Hi,

Island Cruises use a completely cashless system. As you rightly say, you give your credit card details when boarding and each given a card so everything is charged to your cabin. You get your bill on the last night of the cruise and it is then up to you how you want to pay the bill.

As for the drinks, from what I remember last year on the Escape, they were cheaper than London prices (what I'm used to!), but from comments made by other people, Island Cruises are quite reasonable with their prices. For your info, the Island Escape does All inclusive.

Not sure what else you want to know about the Star (have been on there twice), so please ask if you have any specifics?

Am on the Star again for a week from the 23rd August so may be able to give you some up to date info after that.

Cheers.....Steve

Hi We sailed on the Island Star last year and had a great time. The crew are very friendly and helpful, the food was great and the enterainment varied and enjoyable. Our favourite bar was the Captain's Bar for a quite drink at the end of very busy days sightseeing. Beer available were Stella Artois, Boddingtons on draught @ £2.65 per pint. Bottle beer included Heineken, Coroan, San Miguel & Fosters @ £2.40. John Smith, Newcastle Brown, Guinness @ £2.75. Spirits were £2.60 - £3.95 depending on the brand, for a 25ml measure which is larger than is served in the UK. Wine was £2.40 for 125ml glass or £3.15 for a 250ml carafe. Cocktails started at £2.85, with the cocktail of the day £2.40. Hop you have a great time.

Archived