RCCL Terminal in Port Canaveral - Hints and Advice

Does anyone have any advice to make embarkation/debarkation go smoothly at Port Canaveral? I have signed in on-line, have a shuttle from the Raddison scheduled at 11:30 (earliest allowed per the hotel), and am leaving the car parked at the hotel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Empty everything out of your pockets and put in your carry on and just have your documents out and ready and your preboarding documents filled out (the small, tan form). We did the same park and shuttle thing and we were from port and in our room on the ship in less than 15 minutes. I was amazed.

Does anyone have any advice to make embarkation/debarkation go smoothly at Port Canaveral? I have signed in on-line, have a shuttle from the Raddison scheduled at 11:30 (earliest allowed per the hotel), and am leaving the car parked at the hotel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Go to: Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures > Florida Departures navbits_finallink.gif I work in Port Canaveral!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720

You don't have to read the entire 230 pages. The first few have some nice stuff and the last few are full of good advise. Just about everything you'd want or not want to know about Canaveral. A glance or scan though it is a real education.

Ditch the shuttle and take a cab to the port at 10:30 a.m. By 11:30 a.m. we are usually already on the ship and we beat the crowds. If you get there with the shuttle, you will arrive at the same time as hundreds of other people. The only caviat is that if the ship is late into port or has trouble caring customs, boarding will be delayed. This has never happened to us, but I do know people that it has happened to. Have a great trip! Oh, and if you have time, don't miss Kennedy Space Center.

DW and I have stayed at the Radisson and used their shuttle numerous times, and never had any issues. Although they say 1st shuttle at 11:30, they usually leave earlier. Just wait around in the lobby and check in with the shuttle Director around 10:30.

Archived