anyone ordered room service as soon as you got to your stateroom?

beccadoby

Ok, DH wants to be the first one to order room service on the ship. :D

Can it be ordered even before the ship sets sail:confused:

Seriously, he wants to have a few friends and family in our suite for the sail a way. Since DH is calling it "our sail a way party", he wants to order room service and have it there in time for his "party". :rolleyes:

Seriously, he wants to have a few friends and family in our suite for the sail a way. Since DH is calling it "our sail a way party", he wants to order room service and have it there in time for his "party". :rolleyes:

Usually not ...

They are too busy attending to passengers boarding, readying the dinning room, clearing luggage etc etc..

Why not walk up the lido deck and bring back whatever you want.

Why not walk up the lido deck and bring back whatever you want.

I dont want to look greedy:o

But, Since it is all DH's idea, I should make him walk up and get some sandwiches, then carry them back down - alone...

I dont want to look greedy:o

But, Since it is all DH's idea, I should make him walk up and get some sandwiches, then carry them back down - alone...

Not at all! Everyone does it.. or at least we do!:p

Is it just the two of you? if so he can handle one tray!

Try ordering something from the Bon Voyage gifts. They have canapes, fruit baskets, wine, chocolate, cookies and other stuff.

Not what he is looking for. He doesnt want cookies or fruit (even the choc dipped strawberries - they are GOOD!).

We actually have 600 seating so its not really for us. Its more for the guests who have the 815 seating. So, thats why he wants sandwiches.

According to Carnival's website, room service is available 24/7. However, on embarkation day, its pretty much, "All Hands, help with the luggage." So a long, long wait wouldn't surprise me at all.

Dan

I would think most people will eat lunch on the ship way before sail away........

Snacks would probably be better from bon voyage IMO.........

I have done this only once.

It was on HAL and I had invited some of my cruise critic friends and friends from previous cruises over to my suite with wrap around balcony for a party.

I had the concierge set it up for me in what I thought would be plenty of notice.

Well they were an hour late. The only down side to that was the bar drinks were watered due to the ice melting.

But the caviar and other little things were great.

I wouldn't do it again to avoid such a mess.

I don't blame the crew though. I know things are hectic on the first afternoon with boarding and all.

I have done the same thing on most of my cruises. Since most cruisers dont know about Room Service that early into the cruise, I have found the wait time minimal..under 10 mins on the first afternoon.

Thanks!

I would think most people will eat lunch on the ship way before sail away........

Snacks would probably be better from bon voyage IMO.........

Lunch has nothing to do with it. Yes, The people we are talking about will eat lunch around 12ish - we hope...(we are getting to the port early).

We are due to depart Miami 430 (of course this could be delayed)

The guests do not have dinner until 815

edited to add: This is when they are seated - not when they will get their food

Why not have a party on the first sea day instead?

LOL I gota love you Ron for asking this question. ;)

We are talking about a few friends and FAMILY (inlaws)..:rolleyes: So, after this little get together, I kinda want to enjoy my suite alone.

This was DH's idea since some of his family have never cruised before. He thought it would be nice to have them "over" so they could enjoy the sail a way together. Instead of us being on our balcony and them being on deck somewhere.

I recall reading something on one of my cruises.. first entry into cabin- and there are flyers on the bed.. that read "Room Service will not be available until...."

I just dont remember what cruise it was!:confused:

LOL I gota love you Ron for asking this question.

We are talking about a few friends and FAMILY (inlaws).. So, after this little get together, I kinda want to enjoy my suite alone.

This was DH's idea since some of his family have never cruised before. He thought it would be nice to have them "over" so they could enjoy the sail a way together. Instead of us being on our balcony and them being on deck somewhere.

On a Fantasy Class balcony? No thanks I'd rather be on deck.

(Especially Cat 11).

depending upon when you board, you may not even have access to your stateroom to do the ordering.

and, if you board after 2, and room service is available, you will be waiting.

i agree with the other poster. go to lido, get a couple of buckets, and bring 'em back.

On a Fantasy Class balcony? No thanks I'd rather be on deck.

(Especially Cat 11).

We have the cat 12 suite and have had this suite before so I am fully aware of the size of the stateroom and balcony size. Of course we dont plan to have a ton of people all on the balcony at the same time. We are talking a few people here who just want to be together during the sail away.

I am not sure why you needed to make your comment but it seemed kinda rude. It really didnt have anything to do with the question that was asked.

depending upon when you board, you may not even have access to your stateroom to do the ordering.

and, if you board after 2, and room service is available, you will be waiting.

I know that the staterooms are not accessable until 1 (or so they tell you) We will be on the ship way before 1 and when I feel its acceptable, I will check to see if the cabin is ready. Even if its not ready until 1 and room service is open at 2 (as someone said it might be) then I think we should have the order by 430... or I would think so.

If all else fails, maybe I should remind the guests where the Lido deck is and then tell them its potluck. :D

Then again, we could have a late muster drill and be in life vests during the sail away:mad:

I know that the staterooms are not accessable until 1 (or so they tell you) We will be on the ship way before 1 and when I feel its acceptable, I will check to see if the cabin is ready. Even if its not ready until 1 and room service is open at 2 (as someone said it might be) then I think we should have the order by 430... or I would think so.

If all else fails, maybe I should remind the guests where the Lido deck is and then tell them its potluck. :D

Then again, we could have a late muster drill and be in life vests during the sail away:mad:

I think your dh's idea is a good one but it may not be practical. On all 4 of our cruises we have had to hustle to get from our muster station back to our cabin and up on the deck for sail away. Watching it from your room sounds like a great idea to avoid all that hustle it's the room service part that may not work. What types of foods is your dh looking at serving? Will these be foods that can be left out if they are delivered before the muster drill? Room service delivery is so iffy and they will stop all food service during the drill. After the drill the halls are pretty choatic with passengers getting back to their cabins and then heading back to the main deck areas. If your dh is looking to provide a party atmosphere maybe bringing some types of munchies on board would be an option? Things that you can't get easily on board such as nuts, chips etc? If your sail away party is going to last awhile maybe another idea would be to show the room service menu to each of your guests and place one large order when they arrive in the room after the muster drill? This way you can order many of the items and eveyone can see what they look like etc? Nothing would be left out to spoil etc that way. Your guests are lucky to have you planning for them and will enjoy whatever you end up working out :) Enjoy your cruise.

That was the one thing that came to mind when I started reading this thread. Hopefully that will not be the case for you and it can all go as you'd like!

I know recently there was a thead about room service on embarkation day and I remember reading posts that people wrote saying they were able to use room service fairly early.

Good luck and have a great trip! Enjoy that suite!

. . . this would be a great reason to order the "Bon Voyage" decorations for your suite through the Bon Voyage department. That would definitely give it a party atmosphere.

I also like the idea of maybe bringing on some munchies that your wouldn't be able to get onboard. You could even grad some nesting dollar store bowls that you could serve them in and then not feel bad about throwing them away when you are done.

I could go crazy with this idea! It would also be cute to give all of your guests a little party favor. (Now I realize I make everything a bigger deal than it needs to be!)

ENJOY!

Archived