Price Drops, Sales and Roll Calls

M&MCruisin

Strange title, I know, but I wanted to share something. If you dont participate in Roll Calls, you should think about it. It is a fantastic resource for so many things. Today, its all about savings.

I received a tip in my roll call that NCL was having a sale, offering an OBC and category BA cabin for the price of a BD. So I called. I got $120 off, plus upgraded to BA and got and OBC. You say...why is the roll call important to this savings. I'll tell you. I just checked in with the roll call as I do almost every day and someone else had posted their fantastic savings, but it was much more than what others had gotten this week. So another smart poster said let me call my TA AGAIN, and their priced dropped another $200. So, I too called NCL and got ANOTHER $200 off my cabin. Yes, thats right, because of all the communication on the roll call, I got a price drop twice in the past week. Even my NCL TA said she couldnt believe it. PLus I still got to keep my OBC.

Cruise Critic is awesome! Call you TA TODAY!

Strange title, I know, but I wanted to share something. If you dont participate in Roll Calls, you should think about it. It is a fantastic resource for so many things. Today, its all about savings.

I received a tip in my roll call that NCL was having a sale, offering an OBC and category BA cabin for the price of a BD. So I called. I got $120 off, plus upgraded to BA and got and OBC. You say...why is the roll call important to this savings. I'll tell you. I just checked in with the roll call as I do almost every day and someone else had posted their fantastic savings, but it was much more than what others had gotten this week. So another smart poster said let me call my TA AGAIN, and their priced dropped another $200. So, I too called NCL and got ANOTHER $200 off my cabin. Yes, thats right, because of all the communication on the roll call, I got a price drop twice in the past week. Even my NCL TA said she couldnt believe it. PLus I still got to keep my OBC.

Very nice that you were able to take advantage of the sale pricing. Would you mind telling us what sailing you are referring to? :)

Way to go and good advise! Hoping our roll call will start growing soon!:)

I completely agree with you! I read a few weeks ago on here that a specific sailing dropped and I have been eyeing our Nov 30th Pearl EVERYDAY to see if there will be any reductions. Although, I am satisfied with our BA pricing, a little savings would be great!!!!

BTW .. Meredith, we totally cancelled our E Caribbean on the Dawn and are now doing the Western on the Pearl. So excited!!!!

Oh my goodness...Im sorry I didnt check this last night. i got so busy. Let me answer the questions.

The price drop on the sailing I was talking about was for the NCL Pearl April 12, 2009 Western Caribbean Cruise (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Great Stirrup Cay)

I had not paid in full. Just a deposit so far.

Patty - Great choice of ship. I loved the Pearl and the Western Caribbean is fabulous. I know you will have a good time. Enjoy.

Hope others are getting in on the savings! Check your sailing today! I think the offer was fleet wide - BA for a BD price. Plus small OBC. Dont delay!

We have already decided on Lamanai in Belize and ATV'ing in Coz but have not a clue on what to do in Roatan.

Any suggestions on what to do there?

Victor Bodden Tours is a must!!! He will take you and do whatever you want to do and will suggest things to do...we had a blast... you can google victor bodden...

Did you get this savings by booking directly through NCL? I've never been able to cash in on these deals' date=' and am wondering how I am missing out.[/quote']

We booked directly with NCL, but I believe the OP booked through a TA. Either way, you have to know whats happening and make the call. I think somtimes the sales apply and sometimes they don't.

My TA from AVC refused to give the new price and said I needed to pay $100.00 per person penalty fee. After several phone calls, she finally honored the lowered price but took away the OBC and Coupon book. What a mess- never again.

My TA from AVC refused to give the new price and said I needed to pay $100.00 per person penalty fee. After several phone calls, she finally honored the lowered price but took away the OBC and Coupon book. What a mess- never again.

Wow. Had you already made a final payment?

Did you get this savings by booking directly through NCL? I've never been able to cash in on these deals' date=' and am wondering how I am missing out.[/quote']

I booked direct, but the other 2 members of the roll call booked through a TA and they got it as well.

thats weird. I hope the end result is that you are paying less and if so, I would do it again, but find a new agent.

I booked my Jade Oct 1 in June, today it is $400 cheaper so my TA got me upgraded from Inside to Outside which reflects price I paid in first place. Prices are dropped due to too high airfare overseas.

GREAT SAVINGS! EDIT: ah, no savings, just better cabin! This too is worth the call! Congrats!

We got the deal too! Saved $200, and will keep checking until final payment.

Thank you for passing on that info!

Wonderful! Glad you got in on it!

Alot of times, its for new bookings only, but not in this case, so call right away, not sure how long it will last!

We have already decided on Lamanai in Belize and ATV'ing in Coz but have not a clue on what to do in Roatan.

Any suggestions on what to do there?

Havent figured out what to do there yet. But Ive read that snorkeling there is like Hi-Fi TV!

Great idea! I just called my PCC and since we are already in a BA aft and want to keep it, we got $300 off PLUS A $150 OBC!:D

OUR NCL PCC ROCKS!!!!!

Great idea! I just called my PCC and since we are already in a BA aft and want to keep it' date=' we got $300 off PLUS A $150 OBC!:D

OUR NCL PCC ROCKS!!!!![/quote']

AWESOME! Thats great! I hope others are getting in on the savings! Post your savings here!! YIPEEEEEEEE!!!!:D :D

GET OUT!!! I bet it's gorgeous ..... I was thinking about snorkeling or snuba. You gave me chills and goosebumps reading about the snorkeling!

Our dog sitter just went there and said they did a kayak snorkel tour and loved it. They kayaked out to a reef and a boat met them there with the snorkel equipment, then kayaked back afterwards. I think they went through shore trips, but I could be wrong.

Whoa.....that sounds like fun!! But, Meredith, I am so clumsy .. I would probably tip the kayak over and drown! HA!

We thought about hanging out at Fantasy Island but after watching this video on Youtube .....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfCrg1gVziY ...

I am not sure now because I want to know what the heck that huge rat looking thing is that is just roaming about!?!?!

Anyway, I am SOOO looking forward to this cruise .... we really need it.

Please watch your quotes carefully. Some agents are offering the upgrade and

credits at a higher price. They claim to give you the lowest price with out the upgrade and cash and coupon book.The quote comes in at about 200 dollars cheaper if you fogo the sale.Also if your going to do a B/T/B book them as seperate cruises.

Please watch your quotes carefully. Some agents are offering the upgrade and

credits at a higher price. They claim to give you the lowest price with out the upgrade,credits and and coupon book.The quote comes in at about 200 dollars cheaper if you fogo the sale.Also if your going to do a B/T/B book them as seperate cruises.

Archived