Ask Me About Awful RCI Radiance Cruise In Alaska

acud

As the original poster, my intent was to describe our experience for others. Sincere thanks to those who appreciated a candid report or shared a similar experience.To those of you who replied more smuggly, we are duly impressed w/your worldliness & tolerance of all things mediocre, wet and smelly. We did many months of research...on these boards & elsewhere, and in fact I am the person who caused a multiple page feeding frenzy by posting the 2-hour cheap rate in Anchorage @ Homewood Suites....$72 per couple in full, for 2 nites, 2 bedroom suite, breakfast & lite dinner included! We were fully aware that the weather would be iffy and wet. We had excellent experience fishing and the fish did not care that it was raining! We paid a lot of money for the 26 Glacier Cruise in PWS - and hope to inform families w/children that this is a big expense for a 4-hour 'maybe we'll see some glaciers' boat ride. We wished for better weather, but it didnt stop us. We were prepared - including layering and raingear. No amount of research and no amount of air freshener took care of the fact that our bathroom & deck were intolerable. As to our attitude onboard, we are friendly, please-and-thank-you, respectful people who prepaid gratuities and tipped generously on top of them to those who earned them. We were polite and smiling until after the 4th day, when we still had not yet gotten resolution. Finally, we loved Alaska and its vast breathtaking beauty and the people we met on land. Eagles, whales, seals, etc were plentiful. It is an awesome and humbling place and we would go back in a heartbeat...but the time and money spent on RCCL, that week, on that ship - was for us a big waste of hard earned money. We would classify it as pedestrian and mediocre on all accounts -at best. If you are looking for a great on-board experience, we did not have one. Caveat Emptor.

Hi, thank you again for posting the Homewood Suites rate, we will be there next week and we are also sailing on the Radiance. I really hope that when you get settled you write a stern letter to Royal Caribbean about your experiences and let us all know what happens. Your review definitly was an eye opener for me and I am definitly crossing my fingers that me nor any other passengers have to go through what you went through in your cabin. Best of luck on a fair resolution to your poor Royal experience.

Thank you so much for all of your information what a gem you are. This will help me out so much,and I guess I need to sign up for my cruise on here to meet the people I'll be sailing with.

but you already have done that as RCCLISMYFAV on the Ultimate Alaska thread this September.:confused:

Liz, may I please reassure you that there were absolutely NO unpleasant smells or odors on Deck 10. We just returned and had a wonderful cruise on Radiance. We were on Deck 10, in 1550 if fact and it was delightful. Have a great time.

Liz, may I please reassure you that there were absolutely NO unpleasant smells or odors on Deck 10. We just returned and had a wonderful cruise on Radiance. We were on Deck 10, in 1550 if fact and it was delightful. Have a great time.

Mdeane,

Thank you for the reply. Can't wait for our cruise so excited, boy do I need this cruise !!

Mdeane,

Thank you for the reply. Can't wait for our cruise so excited, boy do I need this cruise !!

Cabin 1550 is midship so I'm still wondering if the aft part of the ship would have the stink more so than midship?

Sounds awful, we are off to the Radiance in a few weeks so I'm crossing my fingers. That sewer smell is awful and as the previous poster stated I have a feeling it is like that with most cruise lines. I have smelled it at sometime or another on every cruise I have been on.

We just got off the Radiance on Friday. We have been on numerous cruises and this rates as one of our favorites. We have sailed on all different lines as well. We did a cruise tour first. I'm jealous you still have it to look forward to. It was truly wonderful. It rained but we expected that and took lots of layers of clothes and had small umbrellas. Enjoy!:)

Archived