1st cruise (PoA) what to expect?

clvrcrmsn

This coming Saturday my wife and I are going on our first cruise for our anniversary :) We are sailing on the Pride of America thru NCL.

All of my questions for someone(s) who may have cruised on this ship before is, what should we expect on the day of departure?

We are on deck 7 and wonder what time it is usually called to board?

What time should we arrive at the boat?

What can you do while waiting around for your deck to board?

Aside from tickets and ID what should we have with us?

Do we get our luggage back that night?

Any and All advice to help this 'first step' of our cruise go smoothly and be be as stress free as possible for us is appreciated! Thanks!!:D

On the July 19th sailing I believe all decks were available by 2:30. The last decks to be open are the ones with the most cabins, so you will hear 12, 11 and 4 ready long before you hear 7 and 8.

You can arrive at the pier before noon, but you won't board until sometime after that. (And don't let the ship's crew hear you call it a boat -- you'll earn yourself a lecture).

A driver's license was all I needed. Just make sure you take it with you every time to get off. They want to see it to let you get back on in every port.

You will probably have your luggage long before you set sail.

While you're waiting for your cabin to be called, go have a nice leisurely lunch in the Skyline Dining Room ... and tell them I sent you.

This coming Saturday my wife and I are going on our first cruise for our anniversary :) We are sailing on the Pride of America thru NCL.

All of my questions for someone(s) who may have cruised on this ship before is, what should we expect on the day of departure?

We are on deck 7 and wonder what time it is usually called to board?

What time should we arrive at the boat?

What can you do while waiting around for your deck to board?

Aside from tickets and ID what should we have with us?

Do we get our luggage back that night?

Any and All advice to help this 'first step' of our cruise go smoothly and be be as stress free as possible for us is appreciated! Thanks!!:D

Just relax and hangout on board the ship. Getting there prior to 7 pm will be okay and after 1 pm or so. Don't think they'll be on ship til 1 pm anyways. Are you going to rent cars on other islands? If so, line em up. You'll be surprised how fast rental cars reserved fast. Thrifty Hawaii at 800-367-5238 - request rate code HT14004118 or make reservations with NCL at the excursion's desk. If rental cars taken care of, disregard previous messages! Excursions? You can either book thru NCL or when you get off docks. There will be plenty of local tour guides/or tours waiting for you. Have fun!

We did the POAM in May, found out after our 3:30 pm notice that our deck (7) was open that you could have gone to the main showroom and check your carry ons so you did not have to lug them around.

We boarded at 12, ate lunch in the Aloha Cafe and then wandered the ship for a while. We ended up waiting in the Gold rush saloon..the bar was open and they had tv

• Administrators

On first boarding the ship, you can make reservations for specialty restaurants, make spa appointments, have a foo foo drink to celebrate finally being aboard, explore the ship to orient yourself, have another foo foo drink (you're still celebrating! ;) ) and so on. There will probably be live entertainment somewhere on the ship too. Have a great first cruise!

On first boarding the ship, you can make reservations for specialty restaurants, make spa appointments, have a foo foo drink to celebrate finally being aboard, explore the ship to orient yourself, have another foo foo drink (you're still celebrating! ;) ) and so on. There will probably be live entertainment somewhere on the ship too. Have a great first cruise!
We went directly to the Key West bar and grill for lunch (less crowded than the buffet) and Mai Tais...there was hula dancing poolside, and if you wore your bathing suit (or carried it on board) you could relax in the pool or hot tub and enjoy the entertainment as you waited for your deck to be called (we were on deck 12, and it was actually ready at 2pm when we boarded).

Archived