Rent a car or Hire a Taxi?

LaurenPetersen

Hi everyone

I've read that taxis are about $20 a ride which can get a little expensive. I am debating whether to rent a car or just plan on spend a lot of money on Taxis.What have you done in the past? Does anyone know a reliable place to rent a car from? How much is it to rent? Are there any Taxi companies that you can hire for a reasonable amount?

Thanks

Lauren

It really depends on what you want to do on the island. If you plan to go to Paradise Beach or something like that then a taxi will run you about $12.00 each way (for the taxi not per person). Paradise Beach is a lovely spot -- for photos check the link below.

Have fun.

Kathy:)

when I was last in Cozemel, (06) we rented a jeep for the day. About $50 and we bought the insurance...Buy the insurance...what ever you do, just to be safe. There was a place by that pier, (which is no longer used) Im sure it has moved with the crowd....that rented only jeeps, but I think it was Hertz, but dont quote me on that...Ive slept and drank since then. The island is fairly easy to get around. If you get a map you should be fine. if all else fails take a road till yo ureach water then follow the coast line. Of course you dont want to be doing this when your running late....lol. It really depends on what you want the transportation for. If you want to roam the island and have no particular place in mind...rent, if you know what you want to do and wnat to get there and back, take a cab. Its really up to your confort level. Have fun...

We have rented jeeps twice from Avis in Cozumel, but I don't know what pier they are at. I'm not too much help here because I can't recall the price either, but I think it was around $60-70 USD. If you do rent a car, don't forget to allow some time for them to inspect it after you return the it.

Hi everyone

I've read that taxis are about $20 a ride which can get a little expensive.

Where did you read that? It isn't quite accurate. Taxi fare rates

I am debating whether to rent a car or just plan on spend a lot of money on Taxis.What have you done in the past? Does anyone know a reliable place to rent a car from? How much is it to rent? Are there any Taxi companies that you can hire for a reasonable amount?

Thanks

Lauren

If you want to hire a driver by the hour then $20 an hour is about the going rate for up to 4 people.

If you want to rent a car, there are rates just below the taxi fare schedule. I've rented thru Cozumelinsider and received excellent customer service. They can answer your car rental questions.

Also, get the Cozumel map from http://www.cancunmap.com

Archived