Back from Sky 8/1-8/4

dnj628

Just back from a great cruise on the NCL-Sky! Cabin 9253 - balcony, was "freezing"! Had to wear my sweatshirt inside my cabin! Toilet worked fine! Food and service was outstanding. Breakfast room service arrived early! Never met whoever it was who cleaned the room -- but they were very good! Efficient, thorough and left us chocolate mints each nite and fresh cookies on our last night, and kept our fruit basket full. Dining room service (Palace) outstanding! Crossings a bit more laid back. Never waited for a table. Cagney's - outstanding! Food and service wonderful. GSC - great island! Plenty of chairs at the beach. Not all chairs are loungers, some are sand chairs...but plenty of seating. Lots of chairs and tables set up in the shaded areas. Shaded hammocks through out. So don't worry about having no where to escape the sun. The ship was clean, there were areas on our floor that were kind of smelly, but I did notice that by Sunday, we suddenly didn't smell it anymore. I couldn't say why there was an odor if it was old or new? Carpets and rooms where being tended to (unoccupied of course) so they could have had some issues previously and resolved on this sailing. I can't say for sure. What I can say ... it didn't seem to bother anyone. The only complaints I'd heard of was no midnight buffet and some billing errors on the final day. White Hot Party ... a must. Even to stop by and take a peek. It's nice to see everyone having fun. Any questions, I will hopefully try to answer for you. If you are scheduled to sail, relax and enjoy the pre-cruise excitement!

Just back from a great cruise on the NCL-Sky! Cabin 9253 - balcony, was "freezing"! Had to wear my sweatshirt inside my cabin! Toilet worked fine! Food and service was outstanding. Breakfast room service arrived early! Never met whoever it was who cleaned the room -- but they were very good! Efficient, thorough and left us chocolate mints each nite and fresh cookies on our last night, and kept our fruit basket full. Dining room service (Palace) outstanding! Crossings a bit more laid back. Never waited for a table. Cagney's - outstanding! Food and service wonderful. GSC - great island! Plenty of chairs at the beach. Not all chairs are loungers, some are sand chairs...but plenty of seating. Lots of chairs and tables set up in the shaded areas. Shaded hammocks through out. So don't worry about having no where to escape the sun. The ship was clean, there were areas on our floor that were kind of smelly, but I did notice that by Sunday, we suddenly didn't smell it anymore. I couldn't say why there was an odor if it was old or new? Carpets and rooms where being tended to (unoccupied of course) so they could have had some issues previously and resolved on this sailing. I can't say for sure. What I can say ... it didn't seem to bother anyone. The only complaints I'd heard of was no midnight buffet and some billing errors on the final day. White Hot Party ... a must. Even to stop by and take a peek. It's nice to see everyone having fun. Any questions, I will hopefully try to answer for you. If you are scheduled to sail, relax and enjoy the pre-cruise excitement!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experiance. I am scheduled 9/15 and for the first time ever was not looking forward but now I am. So thanks again.

My gosh-thank you -I have had enough troubles in my life of late and then worry about a cruise too. Thank God it is getting better each report....glad you enjoyed it.

My DH in white- HAHAHAHA -never would be white for long :D

this past summer the White Hot Party was held in doors I would have loved if it had been out by the pool but it was great fun anyway. They sold white t-shirts on the ship.....for your white if you needed it....we didn't dress in white!

Archived