SEveral Questions about Atlantis Freedom Cruise 2009... Please Help!

CCaligator

Okay, I have read several threads and have done some research, but I'm still a little unsure about a few things.

My concerns are as follows:

1) I called Atlantis Events today to inquire about the deposit amount and fee deadline. I was told that the deposit is $800/person or $1600 for a single cruiser. The remaining balance will be due October 27th. I will not have the $1600 deposit for another 2 months. Will the cruise sell out before I am able to put down my deposit?

2) My friend can't decide if he wants to go with me or not. If he doesn't go I will be going alone. I am not afraid to go alone as I have gone on two cruises alone already (just not gay cruises). My concern here is will there be guys on the cruise my age? I will be 31 years old by the time the cruise comes around.

3) Are there any specified hotels in Miami that cruisers will be staying at? I will be flying in a day before the ship leaves.

4) Any suggestions on what to pack as for costumes, party clothes etc?

I want to make sure I go on this cruise and have a good time. I have been on numerous cruises, but have always felt like the only gay guy on the whole ship. Any answers or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have also looked at RSVP Vacations, but it seems as though Atlantis does a much better job. I have sailed on Royal Caribbean ships before and really like the product they offer. That's why I'm wanting to book on Atlantis.

I didn't even get that far with the agent. When I asked him about deposit information he gave me those prices. I thought they were sort of high myself. Could it be because the cruise is less than six months away?

I didn't even get that far with the agent. When I asked him about deposit information he gave me those prices. I thought they were sort of high myself. Could it be because the cruise is less than six months away?

You have been on two cruises (non charter) already so you know about what you should be paying as a single and a good idea what you should be paying with another person in your room.

If you are willing to pay that much for an all gay cruise then go ahead.

That price is just so far out of line I can't imagine anyone willing to do that.

If you feel it is worth it then go for it.

This may not be that far off the mark. I believe RSVP and Atlantis now have similar payment and cancellation plans.

For our February 2009 RSVP cruise we had an inital deposit of $500 and another $300 payment due this month. That's $800 each for rmy partner and I, so a single would have paid double (i.e. $1,600) by the end of August). Your cruise is a month earlier so you are already in that period.

PS. If you friend is undecided, ask him if he would front the difference that you cannot make now, in case he decides to go. If he doesn't, you pay him back when you have it and if he does go, he has already made a parial deposit. But friends and finances could be tricky. :)

1) Didn't know the deposits were that high, but then again, we usually book a year in advance and pay 500 per person. Atlantis does have those different dates when more money is needed so that might be why the deposits are high. Will the cruise sell out before you put your deposit down? Hmm...probably not, however if you have a specific room you're looking for you might want to hold it just in case. Even "sold out cruises" usually have a few rooms that open up a month or so before the date. I think you won't have any trouble getting a room.

2) will there be guys on the cruise my age? Yes! Atlantis has guys from 21 to 70's. The average age is probably 30 to 40 however, the Jan cruise tends to be a bit younger since it leaves from Miami. They also have a lot of activities for single men such as cocktail hours and special dinners. You will meet a lot of different people if you like by going to the dinning room and asking for a big table.

3) Atlantis didn't specify a hotel this past year because it was too expensive however, you should check out the Atlantis 911 website to see where people are staying. They stay all over. I wouldn't worry about the hotel the night before since you will be with them all for the next 7 days, you may want the relaxing time to start off.

4) You'll get a sense of what you need from the documents that Atlantis sends you and the emails. Typically, there's a white party, so bring white clothes, or not. There's usually a Marti Gras party, beads, masks, etc... There's an 80's party. There is a lot of stuff going on and you'll have no problem finding what specifically you'll need before you go.

We took out first Atlantis cruise in 2007 and I think we'll be going back every year. After Atlantis, we would never do a "regular" cruise again.

Hello CCALIGATOR

I understand your concerns. The reason why your deposit may be so high is that we are quicklly approaching the cruise date. I say we because my partner and I are booked on it. However, we booked when it first went up for sale 3 months ago. Our initial deposit was 500.00 each, 2nd deposit of 300.00 each was charged against my account at the end of July and the balance becomes due at the end of October. As with most travel deposits the closer you book to the date of the trip the higher the deposit becomes. I hope this helps you out. BTW, according to the Atlantis website there still is good avail. for some cabin categories. We are in a Balcony stateroom on deck 6. When I last looked at their website a couple days ago there were still some of those avail. Upper categories are already sold out. I would call back to Atlantis and be more specific with your questions and concerns. Good luck and hope to see you there.

John:)

Archived