Coach from Calgary-Vancouver

My husband and I are looking for a coach trip as he as always wanted to see Lake Louise anybody have idea who we should book with,would love to go with the train but to exspensive.

Christine

Brewsters is the way to go, they've been doing tours of the Rockies since the mountains were formed, well, almost. :D Several years ago I booked a package with them, it was 4 nights, starting in Vancouver I took the Rocky Mountaineer train to Kamloops where we overnighted in a hotel, then back on the train to Jasper where we spent a night in a hotel. Then it was a day long bus tour from Jasper to Banff with stops in several places including the Columbia Ice Fields and Lake Louise. Spent two nights in Banff, the second day we did some touring around Banff then had the afternoon on our own. On the fifth day got a coach transfer to Calgary Airport (or I believe there was a city stop somewhere).

I assume they still have a similar package available and you can do it either direction. It was pricey but well worth it, a once in a lifetime trip that I'd always wanted to do.

PD and others - funny that the Brewster name should come up in a post - while the bus company is no longer owned by the Brewster family - the company that provided our wrangling and cooking services on my week hiking in the Rockies is owned by one of the daughters of Bud Brewster and one of her daughters was in camp and took out our duffel on the pack horses.

Small world isn't it.

Cheers

Dennis

PD and others - funny that the Brewster name should come up in a post - while the bus company is no longer owned by the Brewster family - the company that provided our wrangling and cooking services on my week hiking in the Rockies is owned by one of the daughters of Bud Brewster and one of her daughters was in camp and took out our duffel on the pack horses.

I didn't knew that the Brewsters organization had changed hands, however I did know that they were involved in many other aspects of tourisim other than than the coachline business. Some 10 years ago I had the pleasure of golfing up at Fairmont with Mrs. Brewster, the matriarch of the family and one of her sons who was a teacher in Calagary. As a recall she then lived in Banff during the spring and summer but lived in Calgary for rest of the year.

Archived