Summit Cruisers-Dance Lessons

mjmagee

We will be on the 4/16 Summit 10 night cruise and my husband and I were wondering if there are any dancing lessons on the cruise. Thanks for any info. Marilyn

Azure Seas 1/92

Polynesia 1/93

SS Norway 5/95

Sun Princess 11/99

Grand Princess 10/01

SS Norway 4/02

Horizon 11/02

Summit 04/04

IMHO, take a few dance lessons before you go so you can enjoy dancing the entire trip. It may be different on this ship, but the others I have been on had very, very basic lessons and you may not feel experienced enough afterwards to hit the dance floor.

Dancing is one of the highlights of my cruise experience and hope it will be for you as well.

Have fun!!

If you are talking about ballroom dance lessons - fox trot, rumba, cha cha, etc. - the dance lessons on Celebrity are not as good since they are taught by the entertainment staff instead of professional ballroom dancers as in the past. we have taken ballroom lessons for several years.

We did go to one of the dance lessons and noticed that the instructor announced he was teaching one dance, but taught the steps and timing of another. He also had the wrong music on to teach that dance step.

You might want to check with your local park district or community college to see if they offer dance lessons. You'll probably learn more and feel more confident.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92

Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93

Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95

Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99

Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01

Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03

Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

Hi Karen and Jim,

I saw your post on the jeans attire thread, but thought I would answer here. Karen, thanks for explaining that the linen shorts were worn in the disco very late. Actually I still would have worn my dress if it hadn't been shedding black sparkly stuff all night! We're glad to hear that Jim's surgery went well (Thanks for the Merengue (sp) lesson Jim), and we selfishly hope we will see you next Jan. on the Century. I know you guys would probably rather do the Trans/Med, but we can be selfish can't we? icon_wink.gif

Susan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;1;22;4;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Century 1/22/05<BR

Archived