Passport in Port?

my ta recommended i take it ,you just never know,, you're in a foreign place far from home,, that's your lifeline! .

Your TA is telling you this because we are advised to tell all our clients this info. IT IS THE CORRECT INFO and you are smart to listen!

A few months back when I need to call travel.state.gov to ask about the passport cards, we had also talked about this. I was told to make sure to tell ALL my clients to take the passport with you. After all, what exactly did you buy one in the 1st place? You dont need it (as of right now) to get back into the states. So you bought it just To keep in a safe on the ship?:confused:

In all cases' date=' a copy of your passport is worthless and will not ease any problems you may have ashore. While it's always a good idea to make copies of the picture page, leave that in the safe.[/quote']

Good info again! On this same phone call, this also came up. It is a good idea to make copies. Its not good to make the copies to use in the place of taking the REAL THING onshore with you!

As I have said before, everyone will do as they please. That is your right. But I will listen to what the government says I should do.

Take care and no flames - do what you think is best for you and your family.

But what if you went ashore alone, keeled over in some remote spot and the authorities were unable to identify your body? You'd regret your decision then, wouldn't you?

I always carry my ID. Just in case I get carded:p

Seriously, I don't see myself going ashore alone especially in a remote area.:cool:

I am not saying people should not carry theirs with them. I am just saying this is something we choose not to do. When the time comes and it is mandatory then I guess I would not have a choice..........

Archived