Tipping etiquite in the "Specialty" resturants

midwest917

Just a side note. If you want to read what may be the definitive write-up on tipping check out a new book (published last month) called Waiter Rant by The Waiter. It is currently 15 on the NYT non-fiction best seller list and The Waiter (who has a superb blog you can find at http://www.waiterrant.com) has two chapters (plus a lot more) about tipping. It is both informative and hilarious. I love his blog and I am halfway through the book.

I saw him on the Today show. Can only suggest that he has the hard edge. The staff on the ship don't seem to have that venom in them that others do. The ships staff are true professionals with a style and grace all unto their own even when they get tramped on by those who think they are specks.

My goodness...do you have a problem with me or something? I'm just not clear why you feel it's necessary to go through and repost all of my posts, picking them apart to the nth degree. I'm not doing that to YOU...why are you doing it to ME?

I asked you to point out where people were "making statements that make it seem that the staff are completely insignificant human beings". I did not do that in a single one of my posts. I simply posted my thoughts on the topic. You don't need to agree with me - but tearing into all my posts (which were completely on-topic) like that is a little over the top, doncha think? You weren't politely disagreeing with me (which would be the appropriate response if you disagree) - you were essentially saying that I had no right to post them. Which, sorry to tell you, Ma Bell, but...I DO.

Can't we just be pleasant, and share our opinions about things? That is all I've ever done in here...in fact, that's pretty much all I ever do in any thread. Can ya back off me now please? I have no quarrel with you personally, and would prefer you stop targeting me for your vitriol.

Host Anne said some things on the previous page that perhaps you would benefit from reading. (Thanks Host Anne!)

I have no problem with you. You are the one who asked me to point out what was said. That's the only reason I posted your comments. I certainly have not been vitriolic. Read your posts and mine. I only posted your own words. You seemed to be looking for someone to disagree with you. I truly wish you would read the whole thread from the beginning and you will see that no one said anything negative about people not tipping extra until you brought it up yourself and even then there was only one person who had anything negative to say.

I found some of your comments about the crew to be a little demeaning. Maybe you didn't mean for it to sound that way but just read it. You keep trying to make it sound as though there is a lot of disagreement with you, but there just isn't.

Archived