Scrapbooking Info.

I am new to scrapbooking, and in anticipation of our upcoming Mediterranean cruise, I have been on the look out for papers, stickers, embelishments, etc. for the various ports we will visit. While I have been able to find lots of generic cruise items, as well as some generic "Italian" themed items, I am having trouble with the more specific ports like Monte Carlo, Florence, Barcelona, Venice, etc. Does anyone know whether RC sells pre-packaged items on board geared to each specific itinerary, or should I keep searching?

You might try checking out scrapyourtrip.com. They have all kinds of stuff, stickers, paper, embellishments, etc. geared to specific countries. I found stuff for my recent British Isles trip that I didn't see in any local scrapbook store.

I purchased a scrapbook and scrapbooking kit on the Voyager that are specific to Royal Caribbean and the Caribbean. I hope they have some specific to you your cruise destinations too! I just looked and they listed a couple of websites on both items. I haven't checked them out, but you might see if they have any useful info.

"Manufactured for http://www.image.com by http://www.3birdsdesign.com

We were in the Med in June on board the Navigator, and they did have a scrapbook set specifically for that area for sale in the ship's photo gallery. It was nice, but I thought a little pricey. When I asked about the price, the guy told me $35, not including the scrapbook. I'm not completely sure that price was right, seemed a bit high. I found a nice scrapbooking set with a European flair at Wal-Mart when we got back that included papers, stickers, ribbons, tags, 3-D stickers, etc...The best part was, it was on the clearance rack for $3.00!

I tend to save things on my trip. Unused luggage tags make great page borders, they even have your name and sail date on them! I get an extra set of the Compass and save them. I use portions, especially the top of page 1 or the top of the tear out section. These show the date and port of call. You'll get some other papers and info as well. Great for RCI logos. In ports I've saved ticket stubs, maps, cocktail napkins, etc.

I've only attended one scrapbook class while on board. Pretty lame, but had fun with the other gals and got some nice die cuts. They give you a baggie of die cuts (they had the word "cruise vacation", a cruise ship, palm trees and a suitcase - no RCI logos) for you to take home. The project was making a card using other die cuts. Instead of a card I made two photo frames to put in a scrap book.

Here is the picture of the album I bought on Voyager of the Seas, you can put any picture on the cover, I used the postcard for Voyager I bought on ship. I don't remember how much the album cost. I also bought the pictures taken by the ships photographs at each port. They are great for scrapbooking. (I don't drink so I don't run up a bar bill, I run up a photo bill at the end of the cruise.):D

I bought all the other scraping items on scrapyourtrip. I posted some of my layouts in the gallery on the site if you are interested in seeing them.

Enjoy your trip. We had a wonderful time on that cruise!

album.jpg

Archived