Voyager embarkation in FLL

JaneBP

I have searched other BBs for this answer, but can't find the information. Is there wheelchair access for the embarkation procedures in FLL? I cannot stand for a long time nor walk a distance. Once on the ship I am fine, however. In Tampa, the port had a great service when boarding a Carnival ship. In FLL, when boarded Seabourn, there was no assistance that I noted. However, I was not as ill when I boarded there last.

Any information/suggestions are most welcome. Thanks!

I boarded Voyager at Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale and my Grandmother was in a wheelchair to see us off. We had arranged for her to visit the ship and have lunch with us before we sailed. She was handled very well by Regent staff from the minute she hit the sidewalk in her chair. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Debbie

Thanks. I won't have a wheelchair. I just need the help to the ship from the curb. What I am hoping for is a service like at the airports, with a wheelchair assist from check-in to the gate, which I do need to use.

As you drop off your luggage, just let one of the Regent representatives know that you need wheel chair assistance. If they don't have a chair in the terminal, they will bring one down from the ship for you. They did this for my mom this past Feb.

Thanks to all for your prompt replies. I am sure it will be just fine. I have never done a Christmas cruise before, will certainly save on home decorations. Another quick question...do cruisers decorate their doors?

Archived