Mayan Princess day passes?

FMCowboy

I have heard that the Mayan Princess in Roatan charges $10 for a day pass for cruisers to use their beach & pool, including towels, chairs, etc..

When I emailed the resport, I got an email back stating that day passes are between $5-$30. I have a group of folks coming with me from teh ship, (12 people and counting) and they are banking on the $10 cost that I`was told before. Does anyone know the actual and had a recent day pass there?

Also, if you have been there, how is the resport on the day pass? Great beach, pool? Food prices, menus? Drink prices? What's really included for the day pass?

thanks for your help.

FM

I believe I read about this on the Roatan board and the Bodden tours site - you can add a visit to the Mayan Princess onto any of his tours and the price quoted there is $10. Not sure if this is a special deal he gets tho or if it's the regular price.

we took a cab 20.00 round trip.. the mayan princess is as beautiful as it gets.

meandering pools,set in blue glass tiles,,the beach unforgetable..the drinks

we'll have a few..

it's a great place. 10.00 day pass at the lobby desk

we took a cab 20.00 round trip.. the mayan princess is as beautiful as it gets.

meandering pools,set in blue glass tiles,,the beach unforgetable..the drinks

we'll have a few..

it's a great place. 10.00 day pass at the lobby desk

OHMYGOSh - that sounds like my kind of a place - I love meandering and creative pools - makes me very happy with my choice!

http://www.mayanprincess.com/resortmap.html

Thanks!

Me and dp were there in May, we met a guide named Samuel just outside the port. He charged us $20.00 per person for all day service. Took us on a island tour, shopping for trinkets in town and to Mayan Princess. We paid the front desk $10.00 per person and that was it. We loved the beach even thought the first hurricane of the season was coming. The water was wonderful I even took some underwater pics of the fish right near the shoreline. You can walk along the beach and there are places to buy food and drinks. There are other resorts right there as well. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I hope you can see these pics I'm not to good at this uploading thing yet.

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/ANGELSCRUISEBABY/Mayan%20Princess/

• 2 weeks later...

Are there are plenty of places to get food & drink at the Mayan Princess? Any beach spa type services offered? or food & drink served to you while on teh beach? If so what & how much. Also, what are the food & drink prices like? reasonable?

We only have 18 days left!!!

thanks!

FM

Are there are plenty of places to get food & drink at the Mayan Princess? Any beach spa type services offered? or food & drink served to you while on teh beach? If so what & how much. Also, what are the food & drink prices like? reasonable?

thanks!

FM

There are a few resorts along the beach all have a bar and most have food. There are even people that sell food walking along the beach if you feel lucky, I did not try it being on vaca and all I did not want to get sick. I did see cabanas where people were enjoying a nice massage. There were the usual water sports and some hair braiders. Seems like the prices were reasonable I'm a thrifty person so if they were not I think I would have remembered. All in all I enjoyed Mayan Princess!!

thanks!

FM

There are a few resorts along the beach all have a bar and most have food. There are even people that sell food walking along the beach if you feel lucky, I did not try it being on vaca and all I did not want to get sick. I did see cabanas where people were enjoying a nice massage. There were the usual water sports and some hair braiders. Seems like the prices were reasonable I'm a thrifty person so if they were not I think I would have remembered. All in all I enjoyed Mayan Princess!!

thanks!

FM

We paid $10 pp back in June. OMG...I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. It was heaven!! We had a server coming around on the beach taking drink orders. They fixed me the BEST pina colada ever!! (fresh coconut milk...YUM...for $5!) My kids enjoyed the pool immensely. I loved the beach; the water was beautiful.

I hope it works out for your group; you will love it!

Oh, just a warning...bring bug spray. The bugs are in the sand, and they loved me! (and no they are not like that everyday from what I read).

I was there with my family in February, and it was $10pp. It was well worth it. The whole resort, including the beach was great. The Mayan Burger from the beachside restaurant was one of the bigger and better burgers that I've ever had.

Have a great time.

I was there with my family in February, and it was $10pp. It was well worth it. The whole resort, including the beach was great. The Mayan Burger from the beachside restaurant was one of the bigger and better burgers that I've ever had.

Have a great time.

Okay obviously need a Mayan burger to go along with my Pina colada!!!:) (how much was the burger? assume they only take cash? want to bring enuf!)

I was there last week. When we got off the ship to get our taxi, the owner, Victor Bodden, told us that today the Myan Princess was full and probably would not get in so we just did a longer tour. There were other places but the island is so beautiful we did not mind. Have a great trip and remember to buy lots of wood products as they are fabulous.

I was there last week. When we got off the ship to get our taxi, the owner, Victor Bodden, told us that today the Myan Princess was full and probably would not get in so we just did a longer tour. There were other places but the island is so beautiful we did not mind. Have a great trip and remember to buy lots of wood products as they are fabulous.

That's bad news - I would be very upset if we can't make it there - I would still want to drive by and check for myself!!!

As for wood products - I have heard they are lovely but alas my packing is such that I just make it under 50 lbs so I can't imagine bringing back anything too heavy!

Carnival recently changed our port order. Now we are in Roatan on a Tuesday instead of Thursday, and arrive at 11am instead of 7am. I am concerned that by the time we get off the ship and to the Mayan Princess, it will be around 1pm or later, and they will be full up for day passes by then. I was kind of organizing this for a group of folks, and they may become an angry mob if we don't get to go, as a few others were campaigning for Fins & Flippers where they take reservations. Basedon reading up and research, it seems that the Mayan Princess is a much better experience, but even Victor himself said he could not make sure since the Mayan Princess does not take reservations.

What should I do?:(

Archived