Weekly Cost: Hydropool / Thermal Suite, Ryndam

photomikey

Hi,

We're on the Sept 24th sailing of the Ryndam, repo from Vancouver to San Diego, then onto Mexico and back to San Diego - 11 nights in all.

Any idea what the weekly cost for two of us to access the hydropool / thermal suite would be?

Thanks!

The cost runs around 599 for a single person and 700 for a couple. The hydro pool/thermal suite is really nice and a great way to relax, on sea days especially. The only thing is to check and make sure that the Ryndam has the hydro pool. Some of the ships only have the Thermal Suite with a small jacuzzi tub.

We just returned from a 20 day Panama, and used the Thermal Suite on many occassions. We only had the Thermal Suite, jacuzzi and suana's, no hydro pool, but it was still great. The best thing about it is they only sell a certain number of packages for this area so it does not get overcrowded and no kids allowed!

If you are sure you want to book, reserve your spots ahead of time on-line. Then when you get to the ship you just have to check in.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

We're on the Sept 24th sailing of the Ryndam, repo from Vancouver to San Diego, then onto Mexico and back to San Diego - 11 nights in all.

Any idea what the weekly cost for two of us to access the hydropool / thermal suite would be?

Thanks!

The it's nowhere near that price. (If we're talking about the same thing) to use the mineral pool and tile loungers sauna etc. It's about $200 for a couple. get to the ship early and book.

That's what I thought, pipedreams. I think he was talking about a much longer cruise.

Will run you about $350 per couple.

They charge less on the smaller ships because they don't have the big Thalassotherapy pool. The mineral pool is only a jacuzzi,but it still works,and the tile loungers and listening to your ipod is heaven.

Have fun and enjoy

Hi Photomikey,

I just found the area to book the thermal package you're referring to.

It's called the "Well Being Package," and here is the description from the HAL website:

Well being pkg.-single guest, 11-15 day sailing

This package is for the S & R class ships only - Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam, Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam, and Amsterdam. Package includes: Access to Hydro Pool and Thermal Suite, Fitness Classes, Alpha Capsule, Spa Treatment, Daily Fresh Sliced Fruits, and a HAL Logo Bathrobe (monogram on request for no additional charge).

The price for a single is listed at $369, the couples price is $729.

Anyway, hope this helps you.

If you'd prefer to book this online rather than calling, log into your HAL account and then under the "for booked guests" section click on "onboard gifts." From there you have to log in again, and then you'll see the people on your reservation. Select one of the people and then click "choose gifts." The package you want is under the first category, "Beauty, Relaxation, and Fitness."

Good luck--let us know what you decide to go with!

The price for a single is listed at $369, the couples price is $729.

The $729 is way outside of our range, but the previously mentioned $350 is a little closer to what we'd pay. At $729 our bucks would have been better spent upgrading to a suite!

Thanks all, for your help.

The "well-being" package has lots more in it than just the pass to the thermal spa. Hence the $ price.

The pass for the thermal spa gives you unlimited use of it for the entire cruise and is priced pp or for a couple. It is no where near $700 a couple! It's more like what Pipedreams said before.

Don't confuse the two. The "well-being" package can be purchased prior to boarding. The thermal spa pass alone CAN NOT be purchased until you board. If you are interested, on your way to lunch at the Lido, stop by the spa and they will be glad to take you on a tour of the thermal spa and you can sign up for the thermal spa pass then. The passes are limited to a certain number so the thermal spa is not too crowded. You can also purchase a day pass to the thermal spa for about $40 pp.

I have used the thermal spa on 2 cruises and loved it. The price varies on the length of the cruise. It ranges between $140-250, depending on the length of the cruise. I have never purchased the well-being package because it has a bunch of stuff I wouldn't use.

Hope this provides some clarification for you.

If you are having a treatment can you use the spa or do you have to pay the 40.00 plus the cost of your treatment?

As far as I know, you have to buy the day pass - it doesn't come with it. If I am wrong, some one please correct me as I haven't had experience with that for sure.

We were on the Veendam or Maasdam and I waited until the 2nd day and asked about the thermal pass. They reduced the rate. Then I waited until the 3rd day and they reduced it again. At that point, I bought. We were sailing for 20 days from Norway, to Iceland, to Greenland to North America. I loved it. Can't remember the price but it was more reasonable than $40 a day.

Archived