July 10-19 CB

first_timer2

Just a question, has anyone who was on this itinerary received a $75 credit for missing Bermuda or for cutting our port times?

The reason I ask, is that I just read a thread from the July 19-28 itinerary who received this credit because they arrived 1 hour late to Bermuda.

How can that be? I'm not trying to get anything out of it, just a bit curious

thank you all

The reason I ask, is that I just read a thread from the July 19-28 itinerary who received this credit because they arrived 1 hour late to Bermuda.

I was on the 7/19 cruise and it is not true that we were only 1 hour late. Our stop in Bermuda was supposed to be 9:00 - 5:00. Because of the engine generator malfunction, it was first shorted to 1:00 - 6:00 and then we ended up even later and the actual time was 2:00 - 6:00. Given that it took 30 minutes to dock and start getting people off the ship and the all-aboard time was 5:30, our time on land was 3 hours when it should have been 7 hours.

Sue

I was on 7/10 sailing, did not receive $75 OBC, instead we got a total of $29.13 in GVT TX RFND....I asked why they got more when we missed it altogether and the replies were the same, the hurricane wasnt something Princess had control of...

I was on 7/10 sailing, did not receive $75 OBC, instead we got a total of $29.13 in GVT TX RFND....I asked why they got more when we missed it altogether and the replies were the same, the hurricane wasnt something Princess had control of...

I too was on the 7/10 sailing but must admit was a little ticked off to not know we'd be getting the port charges returned to us as a 'shipboard credit' ONLY. After the $10.74 was put on the bill upon boarding the ship in New York for fuel surcharges or whatever it was, I had a credit of $18.39 on my bill which I wasn't aware of. I did not use my account (as my boyfriend works onboard) and was called at 7:50am Debark morning to come to the pursers desk and collect the money (even though I was on a credit card, not cash account). I stood in line, waited my turn to be told "Oops, oh no sorry, you needed to spend that onboard, you don't get that back." I was tired and didn't feel like arguing but admit I was a little miffed. If I paid the port charges to go to Bermuda and we didn't go, shouldn't I get them back whether I spend it with Princess or not? As I tried to get off the ship, my card buzzed loudly and said 'You have a credit at the pursers desk' or something to that effect. A purser approached me and said I needed to come back to the desk. I tried to explain I'd already been there once and they said I couldn't have the money back but she went around and checked on it. One of the pursers next to her mumbled in her ear that I wouldn't be getting it back so once again an "Oops sorry, nevermind, our mistake" and off I got.

Now admittedly there would be few people onboard not using their accounts but for those of us that do exist, shouldn't I have been notified somehow that I had a credit I HAD to use ONBOARD? If I'd known that I'd have spent it rather than it just going back to Princess. And no, I did not get a discount cruising because of my boyfriend. In actual fact I get penalized because I cruise single so I pay full price plus another half which really stinks.

I'm not sure if I missed a posting somewhere that refunded port charges would be onboard credits ONLY and not be credited back to our credit cards if unused but I thought it was pretty cheap of Princess to do. Sure it's only $18 but I guess it's just the principal. :mad:

I too was on the 7/10 sailing but must admit was a little ticked off to not know we'd be getting the port charges returned to us as a 'shipboard credit' ONLY.

Yours is an interesting story and I'm sorry this happened to you -- I'm adding this comment so first time cruisers won't be confused if this happens to them.

Most passengers should have no problem spending a credit since $10.50-$11.00 per person is charged to their account each day for tips. In the case of our cruise, where we did get a $25 credit per person, my teenaged daughter had no expenses at all, but we still didn't have to worry because her account had ($10.50 x 9 = $94.50) and the $25 was just taken off that so her bill was only $69.50. I was a little amused watching some people on our cruise working so hard at spending their $25 when they announced we would get a credit.

Sue

Archived