Do Windows open?

daniella1279

I am going on my 3rd cruise 2nd with carnival. Imagination on 10/17/08. This is the first time with an outside cabin. I was wondering if the windows open up?

Thanks

Danielle

No, they don't :(

and welcome to CC!!

Nope, The only windows that open are up on the pool deck, Only doors open to the balconies, thats for safety and high winds and seas as well and someone may forget to close them;), plus it would mess up the AC ventilation system throughout the cabins If someone left one open!! ;).

Oh well Thats fine. Its my first vacation away for more then 1 night since having my son 2 yrs ago. Its a weekend getaway for my Sister in-law and I. Our husbands are going to Vegas in november for a guys weekend.

Thanks for the answers

Danielle

I am going on my 3rd cruise 2nd with carnival. Imagination on 10/17/08. This is the first time with an outside cabin. I was wondering if the windows open up?

Thanks

Danielle

Nope, sorry. Then those pesky flying fish could get in. :D

In the old days, oceanview cabins had "portholes", which were small round windows that did open up. When I sailed on Premier in 1988 (the Atlantic I think) our room had one.

Anyway, there are no more portholes on modern cruise ships.

Archived