Bed configuration on Princess - pullman

boa0007

We have booked a balcony cabin on Princess with a pullman bed for my daughter. Princess is telling us that they must keep the bed configuration as twin beds until we board. They stated that we can ask the room attendant to move the beds together or put them together ourselves.

Has anyone else had to do this? We cruise on RCI with a pullman bed and requested the bed in queen configuration without a problem. This must be a Princess policy.

What are the chances that they will not move the beds together?

Should I book a room with a sofa bed instead? My daughter really loved the pullman bed with the ladder last time, it was one of the highlights of her cruise, but I don't want to sleep in twin bed the whole cruise.

Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Thanks

My experience has been that since I'm cruising with 3, Princess will not list us as anything but a twin configuration, even though we only use one king bed. The beds are in twin config when we board, I tell the room steward and he changes them.

The only trouble I could forsee for you is if the lower beds being pushed together would hinder access to the upper pullman (meaning the ladder could not be in place because a bed is underneath, blocking access to the floor). I'd think if there are 3 of you and 2 pullmans, your daughter could use the pullman on one side and you could push the beds together on the other, but I can't be sure of that.

Best,

Mia

On our last Princess Cruise (Dec, 07) the bed was configured together, we actually had two pullman beds above us with each ladder on the end. (Not very romantic:( ) It worked out just fine. A few times my daughters bear or blankie would land on me.....:D

I was also told, even the booking said "apart" but we got there we were together! We were on the Caribe deck, mid ship.....regular balony room.

Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated. I am hoping the room steward will realize that we want the beds together even though the paperwork states separate.

On RCI the ladder for the pullman was at the side and it didn't bother me.

Thanks again

Archived