Final Imagination Questions

linnylu92

We leave Saturday for our 2 day pre-cruise stay. I am starting to get excited! I have read a lot on here but have a few final questions that I don't have a lot of time to read all that posts that might answer them.

1. Where do we go to book a cabana on 1/2 Moon Cay? The excursions desk? If so, where is it on the Imagination?

2. Where do we go to book our internet time? I just read there is WIFI on the Imagination so we plan on bringing our laptop. Is that a good/ bad idea?

3. Are there hairdryers in the rooms?

I think that is it for now.

If you havent already booked the cabanas, you should still be able to book them onboard. The desk is pretty near the purser's desk, just ask.

Most people complain the hair dryers are not very powerfull, they are ok for me, my hair is staight and not thick.

Internet is very slow, worse if possible than most dial ups and very expensive. If you bring your own laptop, you will pay a small set up fee, $3.95 I believe in addition to the cost of the internet. I would go to a internet cafe in a port if you want to be online, much better connections and only costs a few bucks.

We leave Saturday for our 2 day pre-cruise stay. I am starting to get excited! I have read a lot on here but have a few final questions that I don't have a lot of time to read all that posts that might answer them.

1. Where do we go to book a cabana on 1/2 Moon Cay? The excursions desk? If so, where is it on the Imagination?

When we were on the Freedom in April, they did not take advance reservations for Cabanas. Book the Cabana at the excursion desk as soon as you get on the ship, if you really want one. They are first come first serve. There are plenty of lounge chairs for free with bartenders walking around.

2. Where do we go to book our internet time? I just read there is WIFI on the Imagination so we plan on bringing our laptop. Is that a good/ bad idea?

Bad idea, you are on vacation. Get away from the net. Every time you feel the need to check your email or send an email, order a DOTD.:p

DW, says some don't have them and the ones that do are weak.

Take a snorkle and mask to HMC. You will see a lot of fish if you feed them bread. Finally, whatever you do, have a great cruise...:D

When I sailed the Imagination last month there were no hairdryers in the room.

THey do have them but only in the suites.

Once again, Loved your review, I showed all the pics to DH -

I am down to 2 weeks!:D until my Imagination cruise -

THey do have them but only in the suites.

Once again, Loved your review, I showed all the pics to DH -

I am down to 2 weeks!:D until my Imagination cruise -

Thanks again! Two weeks, I'm jealous! I'll be teaching a bunch of 4th graders while your enjoying your cruise. (But, I do love my job! :) )

No hairdryers in our stateroom (inside) I took my own.

I bought the 60 min package for internet (it came to about 27 bucks I think) there was a "one time" hook up charge in there. I used my laptop from our cabin. The thing was SOOOOO slow. I kid you not, it took MINUTES to load each page. It was terrible. I did not buy more min. I heard it was 'faster' in the internet cafe. But I didn't try it.

I didn't book a cabana, but I thought you could either do it on line, or as soon as you got on ship. I heard that they go fast, so if you don't book before you go, get there as soon as you get on board.

I 2nd the plenty of chairs and folks walking around more than willing to get you drinks. There are also clam shells available for something like 9 bucks (they are material things that go over your chairs) and you book them on the beach. Lots of those.

Half Moon Cay is WONDERFUL. YOu will love it.

Enjoy the Imagination. We sure did.

Can you book the HMC cabanas online before the cruise? I thought I read somewhere you had to do it when you got onboard.

Anything else we shouldn't miss on the Imagination? I am getting very excited! We did the RCI Enchantment of the Seas last summer and this will be our first Carnival cruise. I hadn't discovered Cruise Critic before our frist cruise.

We were on the Imagination 2 weeks ago. It took us a day to ask our cabin steward about hairdryers - and he pulled one out from the supply closet in the hall! They have them available - you just have to ask. And I have very thick hair - it worked fine for me.

Can you book the HMC cabanas online before the cruise? I thought I read somewhere you had to do it when you got onboard.

No, you cant book them ahead of time. I have no idea why not...

You cant even book the "big special one" ahead of time and there is only 1 of them...:confused:

You do need to book the cabanas it first thing when you get onboard.

Thanks again! Two weeks, I'm jealous! I'll be teaching a bunch of 4th graders while your enjoying your cruise. (But, I do love my job! :) )

I will be thinking of you..wheww 4th graders;)

I homeschool

I have one in 10th, 5th, and 2nd grade. So after September, pray for me also:o

Since I homeschool, we can vacation in the offpeak time frame. This is actually early for us since half of the schools do not go back until September, we still are not really beating the crowds. But, we are going to have a blast! :cool:

to the OP- have a great cruise! You are going to love the Imagination

I hadn't discovered Cruise Critic before our frist cruise.

Look all over this site. It will answer a lot of your questions. Reviews, ports of call, excursions, ship amenities. You name it and you can find the answer on cc. Check roll call section and start talking to some of the people that will be on your cruise. This way you will have gotten to know some people before you set sail and set a place on the ship to meet. We really enjoy getting to know the people we are going to be with and then getting to know them in person. Whatever you choose to do, have a great time.:D

Try to book cabana # 8,9 or 10. They are away from the dock and it is not to crowded over there. 1/2 Moon Cay is the nicest place you will ever go to. Have fun!!!

Archived