Camp Carnival questions

CassNCourtsMom

They do adhere to the stated age ranges and will split the kids into the appropriate group even if you make the request to keep them together. We were on the conquest in 2005 and our kids were actaully in two completely separate areas with different activites. The camp counselours will explain this is so all children have activities planned for their appropriate age group. As I recall, the parent dropping off the child got a beeper and same parent had to return to pick the child up when camp was closed. My son wanted to be with the bigger kids, so he had the most problem with the split, my daughter was perfectly happy to not have her litttle bother around.

I was curious how strict they are with the break down of the the children's ages. My dd's will be 5 and 8 when we cruise and they want to be together in CC. Any ideas if it will be allowed? Also, how is it determined who get pagers?

My 3 kids were always split up. From what I understand they are strict about the ages. I can't say enough great things about Camp Canival. My kids are going on cruise #7 in 10 days and have always gone to Camp Carnival and have always had a great time

I think the younger children's parents have priority for the pagers. When we sailed on Conquest when our youngest was 5, they did not give us a pager due to the large number of kids on board - they figured the 5 year-olds were less likely to need to have their parents called.

I was curious how strict they are with the break down of the the children's ages. My dd's will be 5 and 8 when we cruise and they want to be together in CC. Any ideas if it will be allowed? Also, how is it determined who get pagers?

Generally Camp Carnival is very strict about their age groups.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule.

They deal with this question (probably several times) on every cruise.

I know the 8 year old will not be allowed to move down....and I seriously doubt a 5 year old would be allowed to move up. (unless she is going to be 6 VERY SHORTLY after you board).

Counselors want you to have the best cruise possible...so if the answer to the 5 year old moving up is no...please understand they have valid reasons.

Our boys have been through every age level of Camp Carnival and we have always been very pleased. They have had a great time. They were in different age groups every time, since we started when they were 5 and 8.

I would suggest that you let the girls know now that they will not be in the same age group ... so they are not disappointed at the time of sailing.

Then if something changes...it would be a nice surprise.

Have a great cruise.

This leads me to believe that my DD who will turn 6 two days after boarding, will be able to be with the older age group...which is good, as I would hate for her to have to move part way during the cruise and make a "new set of friends"!:) Thanks for the info!

Archived