Clean Beaches!

Scorpiorose

I've asked before but.....didn't really get a solid answer.....

Where are the cleanest beaches in the Riviera? I'm a beach snob and it sort of bums me out to go to a beach with butts everywhere, and when they are dirty! I've traveled the world and understand that standards are different, but when trying to relax and soak in the beauty of a place I hate a dirty beach.

When in the Riviera last we took a horse back ride on a beach littered with trash, I'd like to avoid that if I could this time and I know I might have to pay to go to a resort beach for that.

Just wondering if Stone Island is cleaned regularly....

I've asked before but.....didn't really get a solid answer.....

Where are the cleanest beaches in the Riviera? I'm a beach snob and it sort of bums me out to go to a beach with butts everywhere, and when they are dirty! I've traveled the world and understand that standards are different, but when trying to relax and soak in the beauty of a place I hate a dirty beach.

When in the Riviera last we took a horse back ride on a beach littered with trash, I'd like to avoid that if I could this time and I know I might have to pay to go to a resort beach for that.

Just wondering if Stone Island is cleaned regularly....

Stone Island is pretty clean - I didn't notice any trash or cigarette butts. I think anywhere you have people, you'll always have a bit of litter, but I didn 't notice litter on Stone Island - just a lot of people.

In Cabo, we went to Lover's Beach near Land's End. That beach is beautiful and pristine, but you have to get there no later than 10:00 to enjoy the uspoiled beauty and desolation of that beach. It's almost magical, like something out of a movie. We got there early - by 9:30 - and were the only ones there. Our footprints were the only prints in the sand. But by 10:30, the place is crowded, and all the magic is lost.

(We still noticed some trash on Lover's Beach, but my husband and sons went around picking it up.)

Archived