Passport Issuing Authority

I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for on the search, so here goes. We cruise in about 65 hours and I just realized the Issuing Authority of my passport is NOT the Department of State, but rather the Philadelphia Passport Agency. Is this sufficient? What will they do if this is not sufficient? I know at least 5 other people that will be traveling with me are in the same boat (no pun intended). What are our options this close to cruising if this Issuing Authority is not sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for on the search, so here goes. We cruise in about 65 hours and I just realized the Issuing Authority of my passport is NOT the Department of State, but rather the Philadelphia Passport Agency. Is this sufficient? What will they do if this is not sufficient? I know at least 5 other people that will be traveling with me are in the same boat (no pun intended). What are our options this close to cruising if this Issuing Authority is not sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

It used to be Philadelphia, or Miami, or whatever agency city processed the application. My old one said Miami...new one is Dept. of State. I believe all of them now simply state "Department of State". That is the Issuing Authority. No problem.

I believe all of them now simply state "Department of State". That is the Issuing Authority. No problem.

But if mine still says Philadelphia Passport Agency, the Carnival/porters will know that it is ok? Basically, are passports that DO NOT say Dept. of State ok?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for trying the search feature. Your passport must be more than a few years old.You have the old designations,but your passport is fine until its expiration date.

Enjoy your cruise.

But if mine still says Philadelphia Passport Agency, the Carnival/porters will know that it is ok? Basically, are passports that DO NOT say Dept. of State ok?

You are perfectly fine. Lots of changes lately in newer issued passports....but when yours was issued it listed the Phila Passport Agency - which is legitimate and still exists. Others issued during that time might have San Francisco Passport Agency or Chicago or Dallas, etc.

No worries.....and yes, everyone you run into on an official or service basis will know what it is...you are fine.....

Go, have a great time.

Archived