Atkins Exercise Challenge

Pinkbikini

Hello!

The goal of this new thread is to be a support system as we check in with regular exercise. My Atkins efforts have brought me to my goal weight and maintained me there for months without a problem. However, I'm having motivation issues making it to the gym in a timely manner.

If you'd like to be part of this challenge, your first post to the challenge should include:

-A goal:

My goal is to do some type of physical activity 30 minx5 days/wk.

-Your rewards:

My ideal rewards would be a rock hard body (I'll post a picture!) and perhaps a new weight set at the end so I can start lifting.

And you should make a weekly commitment to coming in and sharing your effort each week after that. Hopefully somebody will be around at the time you post to encourage you to keep working at it and to celebrate your successes.

WELCOME! :D

Hi Pink!

My Goal is to walk at least 30 min a day and I will dust my light weights off and start using them for 3 sets of 10 reps to start off, and get my BBB (big blue ball)

out to work on Core for 10 min after my walk. Doesn't sound like much to start off with - but it's more then I do right now!

I'll start today and keep track over the weekend and see how well I can do on this new challenge!

Hey Pink,

I'm in! I've been away from the boards for awhile...but I turn 40 on Wed & want to start off this milestone with a bang.

So, my goals are:

-Billy Blanks 3x/week

-Gym class 2x/week

-Some sort of active fun time 1x/week

This should be fun! Thanks for the challenge!

Hey Pink, Jean & Lisa,

Great to see you guys here and in for the challenge. As for me, I am doing nothing right now. I have all this equiptment that I keep staring at and have no motivation to use it so this will surely kick my rear into gear (hehe that rhymes) Anyway, I plan to do the following:

Either treadmill or eliptical 3x's a week for 30mins

Kayaking, bike riding or a brisk walk on the beach 1 day/wk (gotta get out there while it is still nice out:) )

Goal is to add 5mins each week to my 3x's a week cardio.

Reward: A bikini:eek: :D

Hi all- I'm just getting back into exercise after a broken foot so my goals are about getting back into consistancy for the next couple of weeks at least.

Goal for this week:

Ride bike 2 x for 30 minutes + one set of intervals for 20 minutes.

Restart lower body strength training. Do twice a week.

AM Yoga 3 times this week.

Tami

Hi Pink and atkin friends!!! :p

Pink thanks for starting the excersize thread!!

It motivated me this morning to get my butt out of bed at 6 am..

I went walking for 45min.. Its the first excersize I have done

in a while so thanks for the motivation!!!;)

-A goal:

I am going to start off with walking 45 min for a least

5 days.. Then I will add more as time goes on.

Your rewards:

Feel GOOD and look GREAT!!!:)

Jocelyn,

Welcome to the challenge!!

Have you picked out your reward bikini yet? I find it sometimes help to have a visual. (No, I haven't picked out a weight set yet but I do have a couple of rock hard bodies in mind-- maybe Jessica Simpson Dukes of Hazzard...) Looking forward to seeing your bikini if you have one in mind!

-Pink

Hi Tami-

Welcome. I'm totally here for consistency too!!! Let's keep an eye out for each other. Please be careful with your foot though-- that's one of those funny, tough to heal injuries!!! Don't push it too much.

Any rewards in mind??

pink

This week's bonus points go to the person who can beat LvRoberts out of bed.

6 a.m. WOW! Good job! That must have been hard to roll out of bed early for exercise. But think how good it feels to greet everybody during the day knowing you have ALREADY done your workout. You'll make better food choices too. I'm pretty sure those 5 a.m. 5 mile runs in college kept me on track at 105 lbs!

I encourage anyone who can do it to do your workout first thing in the morning. IT makes a big difference in your day. Too bad my days and nights are all mixed up for work :( Would love to join you!

Pink I

wish you could join me also ;)

This morning my alarm went off at 5am up and out the

door by 5:12!! Had to leave house by 6:45 to go to work.

I feel great I have been up and walking 3 days in a row :eek:

Pink Happy Birthday! What is the offical date?

I am so jealous wii fit I want one so bad. The wii looks

like so much fun. Maybe ill buy a family Christmas gift :rolleyes: ..

I hope you all have a great week!!

Hello All: Pink, Jocelyn, Lisa, Jean, Lv., adoptamom, Lurkers:

Well I made it to the gym :D. I have been walking 45 min a day since June and a feel so much better. I have been meaning to get to the gym but my big Reason/Excuse is my busy schedule. I decided I just had to go. I will shuffel other stuff. Also like my current diet, I am in no hurry for results. This is more about long term and sicking to it. My goal will be two gym visits a week for the rest of August and to step it up to three for Sept. I will keep walking 45 mins on the days I am not going to the gym.

I will walk to the gym and that is like 30 mins walk round trip...

At the gym I will mostly be doing weight machines and a little bit of free weights.

Thanks pink for starting this thread.

Tom

Yeh, cause now LV set the alarm and hopped out of bed by 5!!! ACK! Well, let me tell you I'm hopping on the elliptical around 3 a.m. this morning so there! Beat that :)

Yes, Tom, you now have extra incentive to get to the gym. You know what they say about the first year of marriage don't you...it all goes straight to the... well, you can imagine. I gained more than 10 lbs in the first 3 months last year trying to be the perfect bride :) Once I refocused on diet and exercise I'm proud to say that I'm more than 20 lbs lighter this summer and maintaining easily even with little cheats (like birthday cheesecake yum!!!) here and there. Anyway, congrats again, buddy. I think we're all glad for you!

As for me, a bit of walking most days has me doing as I promised. I'm suffering from a lot of bug bites though. Big red ones that itch sooo bad and I don't like being attacked by bugs. I don't feel as thogh I'm being attacked when I'm out there but I have the bites to prove it now. I'm hopping on my elliptical tonight too :)

This next week my goals are 5 days of either walking or elliptical and 3 days of ab work. Maybe 20 crunches/day. I read somewhere that if you intentionally set goals low in the beginning that it makes them easier to get started on. Then you can challenge yourself when you're really on a roll!!!

My WII fit won't be here for another week or so. In the meantime I'll have to do my workouts the old fashioned way in my new adidas sneakers ;)

I look forward to hearing that everybody has been making it out to exercise each day! I may come back on here in the a.m. (if the site isn't being silly) and post when I finish my elliptical tonight ;)

Hello Pink:

Thanks for the kind words.

We have been together for 14 years.. So I am only fighting my own laziness at this point. (Ray has been very supportive of my low carb this time around and my son is even better). We do have a schophenic grocery cart however.

I went for 1 hour walk this A.M. And I am going to the gym tomorrow.. One day at a time :D.

Later, Tom

Hi all,

Pink I wont even try to compete with you and 3am!! 5 is my

limit :p I cant wait to hear about your wii. Happy Happy

birthday!

Tom congrats on the marriage.. Saving money for cruise sounds

Wonderful!! Good job on walking and going to the gym..

Hows everyone else doing??

I have been walking 45min 4 times since Sat and i am able

to go tomorrow :D

Hi gang,

Quick update...

Thanks, Pink! Happy birthday to you too!! Tonight I'm dancing the night away at a party that I made DH throw me.:p

So, this week's tally:

Sunday: Squats & workout on the ball

Tuesday: walked my kids to school & back home

Thursday: hefting boxes up & down the stairs

Saturday: dance, dance, dance...

Not the Billy Blanks/trips to the gym I had hoped, but it really has been even crazier than usual. Maybe next week will be better.

I am taking my new sneakers out for a little walk/jog (provided the weather is nice) tomorrow while DH is working some OT on days. I hope it's sunny but not too hot. That would be perfect.

IF I'm correct my wii fit should be arriving tomorrow too so tomorrow night I'll be watching DH set it up and will get assessed by the machine. I've heard it's nicer than the original Japanese version which would say "You're too fat!" I will find out :) I'm up a bit this week because I indulged in both cheesecake AND chocolate cake to celebrate my birthday. I really need to curb my naughty eating tendencies and get back on track this week.

OK gang,

I did really well this week! I did 2 sessions of interval training on the bike at 20 minutes each plus on Saturday I did one 20 minute session of plain riding, a Lotte Berke Pilates DVD and walked the dog and the toddler a mile. My foot was screaming yesterday so my exercise was puttering around the house and yard at a limp.:rolleyes:

Today my plan is for Pilates and the bike if my foot can take it.

Tami

Hello All:

I made it to the gym today... 3rd time since I started. And I walked a solid hour yesturtday. :D So with excercise I am doing well. :D I am struggling with sugar temptations :eek: But I know I will do O.K. in the end. I think it is because I am having work related frustrations... :mad:

All for now, Tom

Hey everyone, Hows everyone doing??

Tom Dancing the night away sounds like so much fun..;)

Pink have you gotten your wii yet?? Maybe thats why we

havent heard from you.. I heard once you get started you cant stop!!:eek:

Hey I am 5 for 5... :p

Have a wonderful week

Archived