Buying Alcohol from room service?

barbara brad

I was on a cruise about 5 years ago and I bought a bottle of Absolute from room service. Don't remember if it was the Princess Cruise or the Costa Cruise. I do remember it didn't cost much more than maybe $20.

Is this possible on the Island Princess? It would elliminate the need to smuggle it on!

In the 'onboard gifts' section of the Princess board, you can choose wine & liquor, etc. for the room. I called the 800 # , ordered & paid and expect them to be in my cabin when I board.

I think you can order when you are on the ship from room service and/or in the bars. Maybe someone could confirm that for me.

MaryAnn

I don't know for sure as I have never been on a Princess cruise yet and my last cruise on RCI was over 7yrs ago. But I do remember reading that any alcohol you buy needs to stay on board in some kind of storage until desembarking. I'm not sure if that applies to booze purchased through room service or not, sorry this probably is no help at all lol

I don't know for sure as I have never been on a Princess cruise yet and my last cruise on RCI was over 7yrs ago. But I do remember reading that any alcohol you buy needs to stay on board in some kind of storage until desembarking. I'm not sure if that applies to booze purchased through room service or not, sorry this probably is no help at all lol

Alcohol that you purchase from the onboard duty free shop will be delivered to your cabin the last evening of your cruise.

The 375ml bottles that one purchases from Room Service are for in-cabin consumption.

Mike:)

I was on a cruise about 5 years ago and I bought a bottle of Absolute from room service. Don't remember if it was the Princess Cruise or the Costa Cruise. I do remember it didn't cost much more than maybe $20.

Is this possible on the Island Princess? It would elliminate the need to smuggle it on!

Although you can still order liquor for your stateroom, things have changed a bit the last 5 years. The changes are the price, and the size of the bottle, and even the small bottles no longer come with mixers, they are now sold seperately. No more mixer/liquor package deals on Princess. :mad:

Alcohol that you purchase from the onboard duty free shop will be delivered to your cabin the last evening of your cruise.

The 375ml bottles that one purchases from Room Service are for in-cabin consumption.

Thanks for clearing that up for me;) Are you able to order alcohol for your stateroom before your cruise or is this something that needs to be done onboard? If you can order it pre-cruise, how do you go about doing so? Sorry not trying to hijack the post, I was just curious.

~Sara

Actually, we were still getting the bourbon and Coke package just last month on the Sea Princess from room service.

I think you can still pre-order this, but it is just as easy to order it once you're on board as they'll only give you a card to call room service, i.e. it won't already be in the room.

Our normal plan of action is, we open our cabin door, DH immediately calls room service for his ''Jack and Coke'' package and we begin unpacking while we wait. When room service arrives, you always sign for it. We always make sure to either add the tip to the ticket or give them a little extra.

Although you can still order liquor for your stateroom, things have changed a bit the last 5 years. The changes are the price, and the size of the bottle, and even the small bottles no longer come with mixers, they are now sold seperately. No more mixer/liquor package deals on Princess. :mad:

Are you saying we cant order Tonic water at no charge? I did last time and they even brought me cut up limes!

Are you saying we cant order Tonic water at no charge? I did last time and they even brought me cut up limes!

Tonic water now falls into the same category as Coke, Sprite, etc. I think it's 6 cans for around $10 and you can mix and match. I plan on taking a couple of small cans of tonic with me.

Although someone has reported getting the liquor and coke package on the Sea Princess not long ago on this thread, this is not usually available anymore. In fact, our last sailing on the Sea Princess (just over a year ago), they no longer offered the mixer/liquor packages, they needed to be ordered (and paid for) seperately.

If you check the gift section at Princess.com you can see for yourself, they are no longer offering the 'packages' for pre-ordering or from room service once onboard. The 375 ML bottle is now by itself, and if you want mixers to go with it, those must be ordered either one at a time onboard or a soda package. GIFTS-

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/services/gifts/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Must have been the old room service books on the Sea Princess last month. It really is usually a non-issue for us as DH always gets his Coke card but for those others it is kind of a pain. Guess it is just another way to make an extra buck!

Just go to the onboard experience, gifts section to pre-order flowers, food or hooch.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/services/gifts/princess_cellars/index.jsp

The more I read these boards, the more I am shocked at certain info

offered by previous Princess passengers, i.e., on the website you offer,

Princess offers only two choices of vodka. Is this true, or only offered

on smaller ships due to lack of storage space???:rolleyes:

The more I read these boards, the more I am shocked at certain info

offered by previous Princess passengers, i.e., on the website you offer,

Princess offers only two choices of vodka. Is this true, or only offered

on smaller ships due to lack of storage space???:rolleyes:

Actually, when we received our 'cruise answer book' with our luggage tags last time, there were many more choices to pre-order. The website shows only a handful, but the book had a couple of dozen more. So, when you receive it, check the pre-order page to see if your favorite brand is listed. ;)

Archived