Oxygen use on Star

mmdowns

A few years ago we cruised with my FIL, who was on oxygen. This was a Carnival cruise, but my FIL's local oxygen company had connections to a company that delivered oxygen to the cruise ship. It worked out very well.

I've been researching some wheelchair options for our Alaska cruise and found this company, which also delivers oxygen. http://www.cruiseshipassist.com/html/respiratory.html

Hello, I will be traveling with my father who is on oxygen and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this on a cruise? Thanks.

:)

When we were on the Star in Sept to Alaska their were numerous people with oxygen there were also a lot of folks on scooters, in wheelchairs etc.

I think it's great the people with disadvantages can still be able to get out an enjoy life.

As for your oxygen question I don't know if he is using the portable machine or if needs replacement canisters. I would call the cruise line and get your mind a tease so that you can all enjoy your trip..

Hello, I will be traveling with my father who is on oxygen and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this on a cruise? Thanks.

:)

Hi, yes, there should be no problems with him traveling, I have yet to be on a ship in the past few years without seeing people using oxygen. As for how it works you can contact NCL special assistance dept for details: the email address is accessdesk@ncl.com

Hope this helps.

Nita

I am a respiratory therapist who works for a home oxygen company. The home oxygen company can not provide the oxygen for the ship, unless there is a portable concentrator available from your company.

Most people who travel on cruise ships and need oxygen, scooters, etc do so through different companies who will charge you a weekly fee for use of the equipment. The company we work with the most is www.specialneedsatsea.com . They bring the equipment directly to the ship and is quite reasonable.

Now, land travel.... if you are with a national company like I work for... we set up up anywhere nationwide for free.

Check to see if your home care company has a concentrator like an Airsep Freestyle or Respironics evergo. They plug in, charge, and go for a few hours before the need to recharge.

Hope this all helps!

I am a respiratory therapist who works for a home oxygen company. The home oxygen company can not provide the oxygen for the ship, unless there is a portable concentrator available from your company.

Most people who travel on cruise ships and need oxygen, scooters, etc do so through different companies who will charge you a weekly fee for use of the equipment. The company we work with the most is www.specialneedsatsea.com . They bring the equipment directly to the ship and is quite reasonable.

Now, land travel.... if you are with a national company like I work for... we set up up anywhere nationwide for free.

Check to see if your home care company has a concentrator like an Airsep Freestyle or Respironics evergo. They plug in, charge, and go for a few hours before the need to recharge.

Hope this all helps!

Just to clarify something, most cruiselines contract with certain companies, so the passenger needs to go through the ship to find out if this is the case.

Nita

Archived