Online Reservation For Chops!!!

Hi everyone,

Leaving on the Indy 15 days, portofino is available for reservation but, chops isnt. I've checked everyday since both were unavailable. I e-mailed my american TA but they said Royal Caribbean weren't accepting any online reservations which i don't believe. Is there any other way to reserve chops without waiting and rushing at embarkation?

DEV

Hi everyone,

Leaving on the Indy 15 days, portofino is available for reservation but, chops isnt. I've checked everyday since both were unavailable. I e-mailed my american TA but they said Royal Caribbean weren't accepting any online reservations which i don't believe. Is there any other way to reserve chops without waiting and rushing at embarkation?

DEV

Think you will find it was discussed on another link last week if you try the search feature, but basically from what I remember reading is that whilst in Europe there is a VAT implication if booked and paid for before they are AT SEA and RCCL have had top refund people that had already booked before this come to light.

But, portofino is available

Sorry, cant remember whether Portofino was mentioned, but one would of assumed it is the same as for Chops, have you gone through the reservation process for Portofino right upto when you have to confirm your booking. I know you may not want Portofino but by doing this it should tell you if you can still book.

Assume you are on the Cork sailing - so no, you cannot book Chops or Portofinos for this cruise as it is not leaving the EU waters and therefore something to do with the VAT implications. You can book on board. If you are able to prebook Portofinos then it gets cancelled and you get a refund on your money a few days later! They claim that they have told the ship of your booking so the ship will help you rebook this as soon as you are on board.

Archived