Do you have to rent water shoes to walk the falls?

firefly333

Im confirmed on a excursion to walk the falls, that human chain thing. I have heard some say you are required to rent water shoes. Can someone confirm this?? I could bring an extra pair of dry tennis shoes I never wear because they are heavy and wear those in the water and have just as much traction.

Is it $10 to get into the park?

Im confirmed on a excursion to walk the falls, that human chain thing. I have heard some say you are required to rent water shoes. Can someone confirm this?? I could bring an extra pair of dry tennis shoes I never wear because they are heavy and wear those in the water and have just as much traction.

Is it $10 to get into the park?

It cost $15 per adult and $12 per child 3-11 to enter Dunn's River Falls park.Your tennis shoes will do well .

Although you tennis shoes will work you'd be better off with getting a pair of water shoes before you leave. The small pebbles will get in your shoes & it's harder to empty sneakers than water shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. You can get them for $5 at Walmart or Target, and you can use them on your other excursions. Otherwise you can rent them for $5 at the falls. I can't imagine walking up without them. Tennis shoes might work, but it depends on the traction. They might also get really sloshy! You are in pools of water alot of the time.

I just got back from climbing Dunn's River Falls and you definately NEED water shoes. At times the current is so strong, you feel like your shoes will get sucked off your feet. You will walk over lots of sharp rocks. We were in a human chain but the person in front of us let go of one hand. The guide was very good in stepping in and giving us a hand, when we needed it. It is an awesome esperience!

Archived