Combing RCCL & Celebrity Memberships

Highlander

Well it is finally official, an announcement by Jack Williams (Pre & COO RCI) that in early 2005 they will be matching membership levels on both Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruises for Diamond and Platinum members. This was in Issue 4 of Crown & Anchor magazine that I received today. I am still not sure if that means they will add both together to decide your level. If they do I would move from Platinum to Diamond in RCCL and to Elite in Celebrity otherwise I stay at Platinum for RCCL and not go to Elite in Captain's Club on Celebrity.

Still stinks for me. I am cruising on Nov 5 and won't get the credit of my RCCL diamond membership rolled over by then.

Not too much benefit anyway on Celebrity's past-cruise membership - RCCl and Celebrity could both work on increasing benefits to their frequent visitors. After experiencing Princess' free internet, free laundry, free drycleaning, and free massage therapy for frequent cruisers, I've become spoiled!

They are not combining the clubs. They are only allowing the highest memebrs of one club to enjoy their benefits on the other line. I called and e-mailed to get clarification. I would prefer a combining as 6+7=13, so my wife would be bumped up. As it stands, there is no benefit for a 13 time cruiser.

Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear that, I guess you are right there will be no difference to most of us. When they combined my Canadian & Air Canada points a few years ago it made a big difference to my travels, so I guess I will stay at Platinum on RCCL but no change to my Captain's Club.

Rick,

We're in a similar boat (sic)...

I'm a Platinum level Crown & Anchor member...

...and (possibly, I've heard conflicting things about my 13-night Millennium cruise being worth one or two points, but, assuming two) a Select Captains' Club member...

...but just barely in EACH case...

The way they've explained it, I'd still just be a Platinum/Select cruiser with no benefit from the "reciprocity"...and still five cruise credits away from the top level on either...

In fact, I could cruise another 8 times--four on Celebrity and four on RCCL and still not reach the next level on either...

And, even worse, not only have I purchased all of those cruises through RCI, I have typically purchased double the number taking my kids along...In fact, this last cruise, on the Summit, I even booked my kids in their own Sky Suite...

Yet, the guy whose done 10 3-nighters on RCCL, off-season in an inside cabin at about $300 a pop is now afforded Elite Captain Club status!!!

I guess all systems are not perfect, but I sure wish they would have just added the two together...

Steve,

That's my biggest compliant. The number of days. They should base it on the number of days at sea and not the number of cruises. I average over 8 days even with taking 1 3 day cruise. But because I don't live in Fla and can't afford the airfare of all the cruises, I am punished because I take longer cruses. Anymore I look at 10 day cruises first before thinking of anything else.

Also you get 2 credits a suite booking and 2 credits for a cruise 12 days or longer. Max 3 credtis per cruise.

Archived