Tea @Burj

rpv2sail

The Burj Al Arab offers two locations for tea--the Skyview Bar and the Sahn Eddar. I'm wondering which location gives the best overall experience?

Based on the website description The Sahn Eddar tea, called the Ultimate Tea has more courses and is available from 2-7PM, whille the Skyview Bar's Indulgent Afternoon tea is from 2-4:30 and sounds like a regular afternoon tea. Normally I'd go for the Sahn Eddar--but the Skyview Bar's Indulgent tea sounds like it might be the best location.

I would welcome comments and feedback.

Thanks,

Pam

• 5 weeks later...

Pam

We had 'tea' at the Burj in what I think of as the lobby location. I think that this must be Sahn Eddar. The seating is spacious and extremely comfortable and the area's design lends an air of privacy. There are huge glass windows with a pleasant view to the outside world. In addition, you sit in the shadow of the open portion of the lobby with its strong color palette..and if you wish to people watch from afar, you may. A pianist plays. Service is attentive. There are multiple courses, all delicious. We sat there for a couple of hours! I have no difficulty in recommending this location; I simply can't offer a comparison.

We did *not* have tea during our stay. However, we were in both locations.

The Skybar view is over the ocean. Obviously it's a great view. Oceans are pretty. but, there's nothing particularly unique about the view. The skybar itself, IIRC, was decorated in sort of retro-60s feel. We went up once during the day for the view, and left after a minute or two. We had drinks there a couple of different evenings.

If the Sahn Eddar is the lobby, as the PP mentioned, then that would be my recommendation. You have the gorgeous interior of the Burj - the atrium with golden pillars - the fountain that only shoots water once per hour - mosaics all over the place. IMHO, the view of the inside of the Burj is far more unique than the view of the Ocean.

Have fun, whichever you choose!

Archived