Bird-watching: Cabo, PV, Mazatlan

sacway

We have a family member who is an avid birder and are wondering what options we have. The recent post/response about the Mazatlan ship's tour, and the "10 minutes" of bird watching on a PV ship's tour, have me wondering how we might be able to arrange something independently, for Jan 2009. TIA for any experiences or ideas!

• 1 month later...
We have a family member who is an avid birder and are wondering what options we have. The recent post/response about the Mazatlan ship's tour, and the "10 minutes" of bird watching on a PV ship's tour, have me wondering how we might be able to arrange something independently, for Jan 2009. TIA for any experiences or ideas!

I haven't been to Cabo yet but will be there next month....and have on my "notes" that there is an estuary and bird sanctuary at the east end of the beach next to the Presidente hotel that I am planning to go to...(If you're going to Zihuatanejo, I can help you there with bird walks )

For birdwatching in Cabo, you can either go out to Land's End and observe waterbirds like Pelicans or you can travel north to San Jose del Cabo (about 30 minutes up the road) to Estero de San Jose. I don't know of any public birding tours in Cabo, but you can visit the Estuary on your own, or hire a private driver to take you there. You can Google Estero de San Jose for more information.

For the other locations, there are birdwatching tours widely available, a quick Google search should find you plenty of options.

For birdwatching in Cabo, you can either go out to Land's End and observe waterbirds like Pelicans or you can travel north to San Jose del Cabo (about 30 minutes up the road) to Estero de San Jose. I don't know of any public birding tours in Cabo, but you can visit the Estuary on your own, or hire a private driver to take you there. You can Google Estero de San Jose for more information.

For the other locations, there are birdwatching tours widely available, a quick Google search should find you plenty of options.

I haven't been to Cabo yet but will be there next month....and have on my "notes" that there is an estuary and bird sanctuary at the east end of the beach next to the Presidente hotel that I am planning to go to...(If you're going to Zihuatanejo, I can help you there with bird walks )

Just so you are aware, the Presidente is not in Cabo but in San Jose which is the next town east of Cabo about 20 miles.

Just so you are aware, the Presidente is not in Cabo but in San Jose which is the next town east of Cabo about 20 miles.

Well then, my notes suck....do you know if there is an estuary at the east end of the beach where we dock ?

Archived