Question as to Port or Starboard?

Martita B.

I do believe it will.

Travelling East to West in autumn in the northern hemisphere, the sun should arc in the southern sky, depending on the latitude; the further north, the sunnier the cabin will be (if the sun is out, of course).

Cheers,

Steve.

Question for you Sailor's....when coming from Lisbon in Nov., crossing the Southern Route which side of the ship will be sunny?

Will it be the Port side?

Thanks!

Martita B.

Hi Martha!

You are right; it is port side of the ship, most of the day!

I had a "déjà vue" when I read your post, because I remember you asked the same question before!

Have a nice Sunday!

Marja

In the Fall we've usually sailed from London to Ft. Lauderdale. This will be my first time sailing from Lisboa.

In the Spring (TA to Lisbon) my Starboard suite is sunny most of the day ~~I was trying to remember "sunny or shady" this Fall?

I love the 'old story of POSH!

Martita B.

Marja,

Guess I'll ask my "across the corridor" neighbor to place my mint plant on their window sill! Ha ha Only jokin' ~~

For a couple of years I did board with pots of mint ~~we kept the mint on the Sky Bar for the TA Crossing to Lisbon. One year I heard many months later that the mint loved the ocean and flurished ~~the Bartender would place it in the service kitchen at night....then back on the bar the next morning.

Life is good!:D

MB

Johnny

You are right! ~~ 'Fresh Mojitos comin' right up!

This is a true story ~~last March in Funchal I shopped the Old Town Market and bought a couple of the exotic fruits along with an enormous red pepper. I took these up to the Sky Bar and the Bartender sliced and prepared the fruits and the red pepper for a "Madeira tasting" party ~~wellll, the red pepper was SO sweet it tasted like candy! All the Sailor's just loved that red pepper.....

After all the slices were long gone one of the Guest came up to me and ask, "Miss Marta, do you have any more sweet Texas peppers with you???" I replied...."yes, I brought several from the ranch, but we ate 'em all last night !";)

Come Oct. I'll be vegetable shopping once again at the Old Market

downtown Funchal ~~~':p some things never change!

Martita B.

Archived