Jewel out of Miami 2009 - flight advice needed

susanema

We're planning on going on the five night Western Carib on the Jewel. I am shopping for airfare and have found a direct flight from BWI to MIA for 199.00 PP. The only problem is the departure flight leaves at 12:12 pm. Does that sound like enough time to get from the ship to the airport if the ship docks at 8 am?

It only takes about 15 - 20 minutes to get from the Port of Miami to MIA on a Sat. or Sun. but a week day would take much longer. What day are you leaving from MIA? There are lots of cabs and shared ride vans lined up waiting to take you to the airport so I don't think that will be a problem. Just be sure to disembark with the first group and I think you'll be fine as long as it's a Sat. or Sun,

We were on this exact cruise this past March. We also had a 12:15 flight and we made it no problem. One important note..because it was a 5 day, my wife and I both did 1 carry on each. You don't have to put any luggage out the night before so in the morning, you grab your 1 bag and scoot. You can move pretty quickly with one bag and you don't need time to check your bag at the airport. You just get your e-tickets and go.

1 bag. Think about it. You can do it. We're on the Dawn in Oct for 7 days and we intend on doing 1 bag each again. Another advantage is you don't have to wait for the cruise folks to deliver your luggage to your stateroom after boarding.

Archived