Any beaches within walking distance?

gkrnjlr

That depends on what you consider walking distance. We spent a week at the Lacovia condos on 7 mile beach and I walked toward town one morning. I walked as far as I could without shoes and that was about 2 miles. It looks like it is about a mile to the southern end of 7 mile beach from where the ships tender in and then you can walk along the beach for as long as you want. The beach is public and you can drop your towel wherever you want. If you want chairs, umbrellas and food and drink you would need to walk up to Royal Palms/Reef Grill. I timed it as I walked along the beach from Crescent Point to Royal Palms and it took 1/2 an hour walking at a leasurely pace. If you want to walk because you like to walk I think it is doable. If you want to walk to save money it probably isn't worth it because a taxi to Royal Palms is only $4/person and the bus is $2.50/person to any spot on 7 mile beach.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Not really walking distance for us! ha ha!

The reason we're looking for walking distance is because we'll be traveling with our 9 month old daughter and don't want to take a car seat off the ship in order to go to the beach. We'll be taking an excursion that morning but were hoping to head to the beach that afternoon (or anywhere really....just to "do" something) but are trying to avoid a taxi (for car seat purposes).

What would you say is within walking distance from where the ship tenders in?

Thanks for your help!

I guess I am missing something here. Are you going to take your car seat on the bus or do they provide them? The road they will take to drive to Georgetown from Hell will take you along the whole length of 7 mile beach. They might be willing to drop you off on the beach and then you could catch the city bus back to the pier for $2.50/person. The last time we took an excursion in the Cayman's they had no problem dropping people off on their way by. There isn't a lot close to the pier that I think would be a lot of fun with a baby. There are shops, restaurants and bars.

I hope this helps!

We were told that this would be a bus that we would NOT need the carseat on.....so we don't plan on taking it. I am picturing the big tour bus that you see.

I guess the city bus back to where we tender would be ok.

What IS within walking distance to do from the point of tender?

Thanks for your help.

• 5 weeks later...
We were told that this would be a bus that we would NOT need the carseat on.....so we don't plan on taking it. I am picturing the big tour bus that you see.

I guess the city bus back to where we tender would be ok.

What IS within walking distance to do from the point of tender?

Thanks for your help.

Once you get off the tender you will be in town where you will find food, stores, bars, office building, churches, government buildings, taxi cabs, and more stores. There are no beaches in this area. Hope this what you were asking.

Archived