St. John City Market

cjil

Can anyone tell me how to get to the St. John City Market from the ship? Will it be open on Mondays?

Also, will we need cash or use a visa card?

Thankyou.

If you are docked at Long Wharf, turn right and follow the Cranberry coloured trail to the boardwalk behind the Hilton. The entrance to Market Square is across from the Hilton. If you are docked at Pugsley, turn left at the sidewalk and walk a few blocks up to Market Square. The name is over the door.

Once you are in Market Square, take the escalator up to the second level and work your way through the Pedway system, through City Hall to Brunswick Square Shopping Centre. Once you are in Brunswick Square, do not go up the escalator to the third level. Continue past the escalators and turn left ---right by the Hallmark Card Store. After a few yards, turn right, go down the corridor and go up another escalator to the City Market. The Market is open Monday to Saturday and often opens on holidays if a cruise ship is in.

I have only ever used cash there but I would imagine that some of the vendors would take credit cards. Maybe Acey will see my answer and know whether they do or not.

It will not take you long to walk to the market. Both terminals are in the downtown area.

If you check on the Carnival board you will see that Radio has just done a "live from the Carnival Victory" He has posted some great pictures of Saint John, including one of the City Market.

Archived