What to do in South Florida post-cruise?

Maria65

My husband and I and four kids plus my daughter's friend don't fly out of West Palm Beach airport until 6:30 pm after we leave Navigator of the Seas. We will have a rental car, hopefully by 10am or so, from the Miami Airport. Does anyone have any suggestions for activities? The kids are aged 7-13. I don't want to go to the beach because it would mean dealing with wet swimsuits and all that.

We would need to be at PBI by 5pm.

You will most likely take 95 north, so in Boca Raton there is an amusement park called Boomers. They have all kinds of things to do there, and some of it is like what they have onboard the ships.(just incase the kids haven't had enough of it, LOL) At least you can set the time parameters, and it's about 30 minutes from PBIA.

Here is a link to the website, and a link where the address and directions are.

Have fun!

http://www.boomersparks.com/parks/bocaraton/

http://www.boomersparks.com/parks/bocaraton/directions.cfm

Maria,

You could go to Monkey Jungle or the Children's Museam (they are right there on the bridge out to Sobe) that are both very new and nice. On Key Biscayne there is the Aquarium, with the dolphin shows etc. you could also eat out there at Pelicans (a restaurant that has a nice view of the Bay).

You could go to Bayside, an outside mall with touristy restaurants (Hard Rock etc.), I live right by that mall and IMO it is not that great.

You could go down to Lincoln Road on South Beach and go to arestaurant there, walk around and shop (there are some nice boutiques and galleries), although the kids may get a bit bored there.

In Fort Lauderdale there is a Dave and Busters, a place that has all kinds of games. There is also a LOT of mini-golf/go-cart type places you could go to on your way from Miami up to Palm Beach.

If you need anymore help feel free to email me.

Maria,

You could go to Monkey Jungle or the Children's Museam (they are right there on the bridge out to Sobe) that are both very new and nice. On Key Biscayne there is the Aquarium, with the dolphin shows etc. you could also eat out there at Pelicans (a restaurant that has a nice view of the Bay).

You could go to Bayside, an outside mall with touristy restaurants (Hard Rock etc.), I live right by that mall and IMO it is not that great.

You could go down to Lincoln Road on South Beach and go to arestaurant there, walk around and shop (there are some nice boutiques and galleries), although the kids may get a bit bored there.

In Fort Lauderdale there is a Dave and Busters, a place that has all kinds of games. There is also a LOT of mini-golf/go-cart type places you could go to on your way from Miami up to Palm Beach.

If you need anymore help feel free to email me.

Nicole (Miami)

Thanks for the information. I was looking at an Everglades tour which looks like it's not that far west of Miami. I'm not sure about timing though. If we don't get off the ship early we probably wouldn't have enough time. It looks like we'd have to be out of there by 2:30 to get to PBI by five. Does that sound about right? I'm sure they'd be very happy with a place like Boomers but I was trying to squeeze in a local experience.

We're going to be in a suite and I'm not sure if we get priority disembarking or not. I'd like to get off the ship as quickly as possible so that we can enjoy the day as much as we can. Last time out we were one of the last groups called and it wasn't fun.

Nicole, are you sure you don't mean Parrot Jungle? Last time I looked Monkey Jungle was still way out in the Redlands but Parrot Jungle had moved downtown. I know because my family owned the original one on Red Rd. and we were sad to see it go...but life goes on. I think South Beach is a lot of fun during the day and so is Key Biscayne. The Everglades is further out than you think but you do have all day. Coconut Grove is another fun afternoon.

Archived