Westin Fortlauderdale

RECPILOT

[quote name='RECPILOT']Anyone Stayed Here And What Did You Think. I Checked Other Peoples Comments From Other Websites And Have Only Heard Bad Things, We Just Booked It For Jan 05 And Hope These Other People Are Wrong.[/QUOTE]

We stayed here in January 04. This is not your typical Westin property. Room furnishings were tired and sort of grimy; however, the bed was heavenly, and since we were there for only night, that was what we wanted. Housekeeping only stocked the bath room with amenities for one; but to their credit, the staff responded to any complaint very promptly. It is certainly acceptable for one night. For longer, be aware that it is located away from most of the attractions of Ft. Lauderdale, if that is important to you.

Are you talking about the one off 95 in North Ft. Lauderdale? If so, we have stayed there and found it to be very nice. Can't imagine what people complain about. Beds are VERY comfortable. Must warn you that it is not near the pier and you will need a car rental, but probably only a 10-15 min. drive for FLL. If you have any specific questions, I'll try to help.

I Hope You Are Right About It Being A Nice Hotel, I Have Heard Bad Things Just Like One In This Post, We Will Be Renting A Car So Thats Not A Big Issue. How Is The Pool Area And Is There Free Parking At This Hotel?

The pool area is ok, not huge, but serves the purpose. Yes, the parking is free. I guess the the question is, how much are you paying to stay there?? If you got a good deal, go for it. I thought the hotel was fine. Keep in mind it was 2 years ago we stayed there. I am not a 3 star kind of gal, I like 4 star and up. If you are staying for several nights and paying top dollar, I'd probably recommend other hotels, we just stayed at a new Renassiance on Pine Island Rd. that was wonderful, very near the airport.

We stayed at the Westin in May. Not a good experience. The room was dirty. Carpet stains, etc. We are non smokers and booked a N/S room. The room stank and the small balcony was littered with butts.............the smoking kind.

When we pointed out the housekeeping short comings to management they where not very interested or helpful.

Archived