Laundromat - Port Everglades

pbrady

We are doing a B2B next February and there are 6 of us. Since we have to get off the ship anyway we are thinking of taking a taxi to a laundromat because we are also doing an extended vacation and there is no way we can pack enough clothes.

Anyone know of one nearby?

Thanks!!

Don't let folks tell you that the laundromat is not much much cheaper than having it done on board. I used a laundromat after my very first cruise somewhere near the port but since that was (1986) my guess is that it's not there anymore :D Grab a cab and I just bet that the driver can get you to what you need. Another tip: we use nice nylon zippered duffle bags (freebies from Brendan) on the floor of the closet and when full just start the next one. Ready to go to the laundromat grab the duffle bags and depart. Clothes clean carry them back in duffles. I find it takes less than 2 hours to do all the clothes for many folks (lots of machines). I no longer carry Tide powder though -- security can freak out.

We are doing a B2B next February and there are 6 of us. Since we have to get off the ship anyway we are thinking of taking a taxi to a laundromat because we are also doing an extended vacation and there is no way we can pack enough clothes.

Thanks!!

If you are a Captain's Club member you will receive coupon book for discounted Laundry. We are Elite members and the cost is $15 for all the laundry you can pack inside their bag. Our past three cruises we only pack 1/2 of what we need and have the ship do our laundry. HAL is good at this too.

The clothes come back in perfect condition.

Our last cruise + three days precruise + one day postcruise, we did the trip with two medium sized roller luggage bags.

Take the taxi to Las Olas, the beach, the outlet mall..., or some other fun activity!:rolleyes: :)

If you are thinking of spending the day off the ship on your turn around day, consider renting a car or minivan. Thrifty and Budget have off airport rental agencies that are near the port and all (or almost all) of the companies at the airport have free shuttles running to the car rental center at the airport. Might be cheaper than a taxi and you can spend a little time at the beach or sightseeing as well.

Thanks!!

Back in 2003 or 2004, I used a laundromat that was across the street from the Embassy Suites on the 14th St. Causeway(I believe that's the name).

That would be very close to the Port.

HTH,

Ellen

Hi,

I googled and found this as the nearest Laundromat to Port Everglades. Before I write the name etc. let me say that DH and I pass this area on our way to the beach. I wouldn't be in this area personally, its a bit rough although they are trying to bring it back to a more positive atmosphere. Just be aware of your surroundings. That being said the name is A & A Laundry, 2100 S. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33316, Tel # 954-523-9000.

Archived