Chocolate Milk?

MOTHEROFONE

We are cruising for the first time with our little one. My question is can we get chocolate milk on the ship or should i take some Quik powder with me? Thanks

Chocolate milk is available on Carnival ships. I would imagine it would be available.

It was available upon request. In other words in Windjammer it was not in the slots where they keep the milk, but I asked for it and they brought it. Same with the dining room!

I still brought the "quick" mix because in our cabin, I'd grab a regular milk (for snacks) and I added the quick.

So its not packaged chocolate milk, like the regular milk (its the little cardboard milks they receive in school or day care) so I brought some back to the cabin and added quick.......!

The windjammer type or dining room type is milk with the "real syrup" added! Of course just another thing to spoil kids:D

So yes, OP, bring some of your own, I always do!

RCCL has chocolate milk on board.

I'm not sure what other parents think, but I always found that the milk tasted 'funny'. Not off, but not like the stuff we got from home. As such we don't drink the stuff, so having the syrup you may be able to drown out the funny flavor with extra sauce.

The thought of getting a tube of the stuff through in a checked luggage terrifies me...I can see all of my clothes covered in chocolate sauce.:D

Thankfully my daughter (6) likes the stuff on the boat so it's not an issue with us.

Yes, you are right, my DD said it tasted funny. It was made with a different type of powder, I think!!!

That's funny, DD has that chocolate milk addiction, too;)

I take the quick, qwik:confused: un opened in my carry on with a zip lock bag!

She would give it up to go on a cruise though:D

You will be on Freedom, so YES Freedom has chocolate milk. They have it in a few places. You can get it at the WJ (never had problems finding it there on Freedom). You can get it in the DR, once we asked our server, he had it waiting for us each night. He even decorated the straw and made a paper heart each night in the chocolate milk...lol. You can order it any time from room service.

AND, you can get it at the Promenade Cafe. Just ask for it and they will gladly get you a carton. It goes great with those "Cookies of the Day" :D

You can get it in the DR, once we asked our server, he had it waiting for us each night. He even decorated the straw and made a paper heart each night in the chocolate milk...

Our assistant waiter did the same thing for our kids. Each night, the kids had their drinks waiting for them, while we had to wait for our cocktails.

As for the taste, our kids said something the first night about the taste being a little different, and after that they brought them chocolate milk made from Hershey's syrup. I know because our assistant waiter had stashed the bottle in his station so he could make it when ever the kids wanted more.

. . . I'm not sure what other parents think, but I always found that the milk tasted 'funny'. Not off, but not like the stuff we got from home. As such we don't drink the stuff, so having the syrup you may be able to drown out the funny flavor with extra sauce. . . . .

I'm from Wisconsin (fifth generation - grew up on a dairy farm). Milk will taste different based upon the local diets of the cows -- I think any milk away from home tastes "funny" (to parody the California ads "terrifed cows make for terrifying milk!").

Very often milk is stored too near other foods and if not sealed properly will pick up odors from the other foods - the fattier the milk the more pronounced this effect will be.

Also if your child is accostomed to 2% milk and the milk choices on board are whole or skim - either will taste "funny" to most kids.

Around here they market a straw with flavoring in it -- we generally pack a couple of each flavor (chocolate, strawberry, vanilla == they have banana as well, but just the thought makes my skin crawl) for DD in one of the original boxes that they come in -- they are easy to carry and are not at all messy (no powders or syrups to spill).

My son had it on NCL Star. And it does matter if it's made with Skim, 2%, whole and if its powder or Hershey. We went to the Bahamas last winter and took the boxes of Organic milk and Soy milk as it was cheaper and easier to have in the room than going down to every morning and buying. It was different than we drink at home but we got used to it. The milk boxes are great.

Archived