Solstice has her stacks

modelman

I miss the "X." I think the inlayed one in the baclony glass is ok, but it's just not visible enough for me, judging by these pictures. Either that, or I think I would like to see an "X" on a funnel. Just my two cents.

(Enhancement. God that's funny)

From the renderings and artists impressions I've seen those are going to be the finished article. A little time will tell. It does appear from one of the pre-build impressions that the rear half of the stack was light blue and the front half dark, but looking at the ship now built I think it looks better all dark blue.

The stacks are so slender compared to the usual Celebrity ships that an "X" would look out of place I think, but I like the styling cue that seems to be reminiscent of the old Meridian. It's starting to grow on me:

2767644070054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Wow! Great photo of Meridian, the first ship on which we cruised in '96.

Thanks, Phil!

Just another thing I want to add...

I hope these minor changes don't represent the "dumbing down" of the Celebrity product to a more RCI-ish product. For what we're paying for Equinox, I don't want an RCI cruise, I want a Celebrity cruise with an experience like we had on Century. I know Century is a smaller ship, but just because of the size difference the ship shouldn't provide a different X experience.

Archived